Author Topic: Coming soon: Space Shuttle Image Libary  (Read 2935 times)

Offline heng44

• Regular
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 0
Coming soon: Space Shuttle Image Libary
« on: 05/26/2007 03:07 PM »
Available soon: CDs containing hundreds of hi-res images from the combined collections of J.L. Pickering and Ed Hengeveld. The scans have been color corrected and repaired where necessary. Photo IDs and brief descriptions are also included in most cases in the file names.

This series of CDs is a result of hard work by two highly motivated collectors, who felt it was time to fill a void in the world of space history. There is a considerable number of images that can be found when it comes to Shuttle missions since 2000. The trail-blazing early missions have been left with what seems like the same images that have been seen over and over. It is hoped that these discs will enable you to view the early days of the Space Shuttle in a more visually complete way. In addition, you can download the images onto your computer and have them printed.

Future sets are in production that will cover the remaining Space Shuttle missions, as well as the Mercury through ASTP missions.

Here is a preview of the covers:

Re: Coming soon: Space Shuttle Image Libary
« Reply #1 on: 05/26/2007 03:31 PM »
A different collection will cover the remaining shuttle missions since 2000? Will these be in a different collection? Is there audio to any of the collections?

Offline heng44

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: 05/26/2007 03:38 PM »
We intend to cover every Shuttle mission, starting with STS-1. The first four will be available soon. There is no audio involved. The discs contain 300dpi scans of photo prints fron the collections of J.L. Pickering and myself. STS-1 has about 850 scans! STS-2 and 3 have about 450 each and STS-4 has about 275 scans.

Offline SimonShuttle

• Elite Veteran
  • Manchester, England
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #3 on: 05/26/2007 03:47 PM »
Are they free, or is this a cheeky advert?

Offline heng44

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: 05/26/2007 04:05 PM »
I guess you could call this a cheeky advert. I didn't realize this could be against forum policy. In that case I'll expect the moderator to remove it and I apologize.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #5 on: 05/26/2007 04:19 PM »
Well we prefer people to advertise with us, but on this occasion I'm allowing it.

Offline astrobrian

• NSF Photographer
  • Austin Texas
  • Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #6 on: 05/26/2007 06:54 PM »
How much per cd, and how many images per disc roughly?

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 11166
  • Likes Given: 331
« Reply #7 on: 05/26/2007 11:05 PM »
Are they the same as what is on the NASA's websites

Offline heng44

• Regular
« Reply #8 on: 05/27/2007 07:42 AM »
Jim - 26/5/2007  6:05 PM

Are they the same as what is on the NASA's websites

If they were the same as on NASA websites nobody would need them. They could download them.

This will be the ultimate collection of Shuttle photos. The STS-1 disc has just short of 850 images (!) and will be priced at $29.95 plus shipping. Try finding that number of STS-1 images on the internet, even in low resolution!

STS-2 and STS-3 both hover around 450 images each and will be priced at $19.95 plus postage. STS-4 comes in at around 275 images, possibly a few more. This is also going to be priced at $19.95.

STS-5 work is proceeding. We cannot say what the release intervals will be on future material, but we would anticipate something every 30 days or so.

Offline dantdbv

• Frederikssund Denmark
  • Liked: 1
RE: Coming soon: Space Shuttle Image Libary
« Reply #9 on: 10/20/2007 10:49 PM »
Hello Ed,
I noticed in another tread, that you have some ALT pics, and that there are not enough to warrant a whole cd/dvd.

What i would propose, was that you combined your ALT pics with all of your SCA pics, if you have any, that is. You could split them up in SCA 905 old, newer, newest paintscheme and SCA 911. You could also include SCA interiors and the different Mate/Demate devices.

What do you think? Is it a good idea, or should i just crawl back into my hole. ;-)

Oh, before i forget,
Do you have an Europe outlet for your pic dvds, because when i buy in the states, they ad 1-6% importtax + 25% vat to the price+shipping and finaly the postoffice demands about 10$ to scrape in the tax and vat. If i could avoid that, then that would be nice.

When economics allow i will get your STS-1 and STS-2 discs.
DanTDBV (The Droid Building Viking)
Dan Nielsen
Frederikssund
Denmark

Offline heng44

• Regular
RE: Coming soon: Space Shuttle Image Libary
« Reply #10 on: 10/21/2007 01:42 PM »
Dan, mail me offline at heng44 at yahoo dot com if you want to discuss this.
Ed

Tags: