Author Topic: Flight crew assignments  (Read 1169382 times)

Offline Velomir

• Warsaw, Poland
    • Kosmonauta.net - Polish space news and consulting site
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Flight crew assignments
« Reply #2340 on: 01/24/2014 05:57 PM »
I'd say Lindsey or Lee Archambault ;)
or even both ;)
--
Blue Dot Solutions

Offline Kasponaut

• Denmark
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #2341 on: 01/24/2014 06:07 PM »
or even both ;)

;-) There will most likely be 2 crew onboard I think.

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 349
  • Likes Given: 1082
« Reply #2342 on: 01/27/2014 02:35 PM »
I did a quick search, to no avail.

Is there are main list or chart available that indicates current assignments for flight?
I was wondering if CSA's most recent additions, David Saint-Jacques and Jeremy Hansen, have been scheduled for any Long Duration flights.

Realizing that the current 5 month flights are referred to as long duration, what are the upcomming 1 year flights referred to as?

While searching, I just realized that a Canadian has flown on each of the 5 Orbiters. Dr. Story Musgrave accomplished what our entire Space Program accomplished-taking a ride on all 5 of the spaceworthy Space Shuttle Orbiters
Paul

Offline Skylon

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2343 on: 01/28/2014 12:52 AM »
or even both ;)

Lindsey prime, and Archambault backup.

It's been awhile since this game was played. =)

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 996
  • Likes Given: 485
« Reply #2344 on: 01/28/2014 04:33 AM »
From Scott Kelly's Facebook page

Walking to class today in Star City Russia

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=271603999663195
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline TALsite

• Spain
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2345 on: 01/28/2014 08:51 AM »

Is there are main list or chart available that indicates current assignments for flight?

A .pdf with the manned schedule from my DB.

After Soyuz MS-01, crews, dates and spacecrafts are speculation.

All mistakes are only mine.
Carlos.

Offline Hog

• Woodstock
  • Liked: 349
  • Likes Given: 1082
« Reply #2346 on: 01/28/2014 04:26 PM »

A .pdf with the manned schedule from my DB.

After Soyuz MS-01, crews, dates and spacecrafts are speculation.

All mistakes are only mine.
Carlos.
Thank you for posting that. Hopefully many moons from now, these newer Astronauts get up to Station. Of course after Canadas future contributions to ISS are ironed out.
Paul

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 458
  • Likes Given: 287
« Reply #2347 on: 02/11/2014 04:33 PM »
http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/february/nasa-international-space-station-partners-announce-future-crew-members/

February 11, 2014
RELEASE 14-048
NASA, International Space Station Partners Announce Future Crew Members

NASA and its international partners have appointed crew members for a 2016 mission to the International Space Station.

NASA astronaut Jeff Williams is scheduled to launch in spring 2016 and return to Earth in fall 2016. He will join space station Expedition 47 crew members in orbit and will remain aboard as part of Expedition 48 with cosmonauts Alexey Ovchinin and Oleg Skripochka of the Russian Federal Space Agency (Roscosmos). Williams will assume command of the orbiting outpost upon the departure of Expedition 47's commander, Sergei Zaletin of Roscosmos.

This will be the fourth spaceflight and third long-duration mission for Williams, a former U.S. Army helicopter pilot and graduate of the U.S. Military Academy. Williams was a flight engineer aboard the station during Expedition 13 in 2006. He later served as a flight engineer during Expedition 21 and commander of Expedition 22 in 2010.

This will be the first flight for Ovchinin, a former Russian Air Force pilot and graduate of the Eisk Air Force Pilot School. Ovchinin has been a cosmonaut since 2009.

This will be the second long-duration flight for Skripochka, who served as a flight engineer during Expeditions 25 and 26 in 2010 and 2011. The former mechanical engineer has been a cosmonaut since 1999.

The crew for Expedition 47 will be:

-- Tim Kopra, NASA
-- Sergei Zaletin, Roscosmos
-- Tim Peake, European Space Agency

The crew of Expedition 48 will be:

-- Jeff Williams, NASA
-- Alexey Ovchinin, Roscosmos
-- Oleg Skripochka, Roscosmos

Offline Olaf

• Germany
  • Liked: 500
  • Likes Given: 230
« Reply #2348 on: 03/06/2014 11:36 PM »
F. Sturckow has left NASA.
http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/sturckow.html

And joined Virgin Galactic!

Quote from: VG via Facebook
We're happy to welcome two new pilots into the Virgin Galactic family! CJ and Sooch will fly SpaceShipTwo (and WhiteKnightTwo), carrying our customers smoothly and safely into outer space. CJ is a veteran of four NASA Space Shuttle missions and Sooch is a former U-2 pilot and branch chief at the US Air Force Test Pilot school. We're thrilled to have them both on board--and Sooch just celebrated by flying WhiteKnightTwo for the first time this morning!

Here an interesting article about the current duty of Keith Colmer.
http://www.nationalguardmagazine.com/display_article.php?id=1392827

Offline anik

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 458
  • Likes Given: 287
« Reply #2349 on: 03/09/2014 02:28 PM »
Russian cosmonaut Anatoliy Ivanishin will be probably in Expedition 48/49 crew.

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 3550
  • Likes Given: 200
« Reply #2350 on: 03/17/2014 10:38 AM »
Press Release   
N° 08-2014   

Paris, 17 March 2014   

ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet will fly to the International Space Station in 2016   

ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet has been assigned to a long-duration mission on the International Space Station, it was announced today.     

The assignment of the French-born astronaut was announced by ESA’s Director General Jean Jacques Dordain in the presence of the French Minister for Higher Education and Research, Geneviève Fioraso, and
the President of the French space agency, CNES, Jean-Yves Le Gall.     

The announcement was made in coordination with the international partners of the International Space Station.     

With Thomas Pesquet’s assignment, all six ESA astronauts from the class of 2009 will have flown to the Station on missions within seven years of graduation.     

The Director General noted: “Thomas’ mission assignment concludes the first phase for our newest members of the ESA astronaut corps which was to make each of them assigned to a spaceflight.     

“This is a clear demonstration of the reputation of ESA among the international partners of ISS as well as of ESA astronauts among the international community of astronauts. The flight experience gained
by this new class of ESA astronauts is providing a solid ground for ESA Member States to contribute to further international human exploration missions .”   

Born in Rouen, France, Thomas will be the 10th Frenchman to go to space, following  Léopold Eyharts who supported the commissioning and first utilisation of ESA’s Columbus microgravity laboratory on the
Space Station.     

As a partner in the Station, ESA is entitled to use its resources, which include supporting missions of European astronauts.     

During Thomas’ mission, an atomic clock will be installed on the Station to connect with other atomic clocks on Earth to test Einstein’s theory of relativity and allow even more accurate world timekeeping.
The results could double the accuracy of satellite navigation, allowing us to pinpoint our location on Earth with even higher precision.   

Thomas studied as an aerospace engineer before working as a commercial airline pilot.     

ESA’s Director of Human Spaceflight and Operations and former astronaut, Thomas Reiter, says: “I remember this exciting moment of mission assignment very well, and I’m very happy that Thomas Pesquet is
now in this situation.     

“There is an exciting road ahead for Thomas, learning all the systems of the International Space Station and the unique scientific experiments that he will conduct in space.”   

Thomas comments on his assignment: “I am happy to have been selected for a mission but this is just the start of a new phase for me – there is a lot of work to do and a lot to learn before my flight.   

“I will consider my dream complete when I am working on the International Space Station.”     

About the European Space Agency .   

The European Space Agency (ESA) is Europe’s gateway to space. ESA is an intergovernmental organisation, created in 1975, with the mission to shape the development of Europe's space capability and ensure
that investment in space delivers benefits to the citizens of Europe and the world.     

ESA has 20 Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden,
Switzerland and the United Kingdom, of whom 18 are Member States of the EU.     

ESA has Cooperation Agreements with eight other Member States of the EU. Canada takes part in some ESA programmes under a Cooperation Agreement.     

ESA is also working with the EU to implement the Galileo and Copernicus programmes.     
By coordinating the financial and intellectual resources of its members, ESA can undertake programmes and activities far beyond the scope of any single European country.     

ESA develops the launchers, spacecraft and ground facilities needed to keep Europe at the forefront of global space activities.     

Today, it launches satellites for Earth observation, navigation, telecommunications and astronomy, sends probes to the far reaches of the Solar System and cooperates in the human exploration of space. 

Learn more at www.esa.int     

Offline Aragatz

• France
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2351 on: 03/17/2014 04:37 PM »
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS !!!!! Thomas Pesquet is my fellow !!!!! The 10th French spationaut !!!!!

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 3550
  • Likes Given: 200
« Reply #2352 on: 03/18/2014 05:08 PM »

Press conference announcing Thomas Pesquet's assignment to a long-duration mission to the ISS

ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet has been assigned to a long-duration mission on the International Space Station. A press conference to announce the assignment was held on 17 March 2014, at the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.

The assignment of the French-born astronaut was announced by ESA’s Director General Jean Jacques Dordain (right) in the presence of the French Minister for Higher Education and Research, Geneviève Fioraso, and the President of the French space agency, CNES, Jean-Yves Le Gall (left).

Offline Velomir

• Warsaw, Poland
    • Kosmonauta.net - Polish space news and consulting site
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2353 on: 03/19/2014 12:11 AM »
In the recent SpaceX CRS-3 presskit there is talk about a crewed mission attempt in 2015. Any updates when to expect the crew selection or announcement?
--
Blue Dot Solutions

Offline TALsite

• Spain
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2354 on: 03/19/2014 02:45 PM »

Press conference announcing Thomas Pesquet's assignment to a long-duration mission to the ISS

Not announced on the Press conference, but I suppose Pesquet will fly as FE of the ISS Exp. 50/51 on November '16.
He also must be Onishi's backup on ISS Exp. 48/49.

Offline Olaf

• Germany
« Reply #2355 on: 04/28/2014 05:56 PM »
There is an information in the NK forum, that Kathleen Rubins will be a member of the ISS 48/49 crew.
She will fly together with Anatoli Ivanishin and Takuya Onishi.

Offline TJL

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2356 on: 06/15/2014 11:28 PM »
I was just looking at upcoming flight crew assignments. It indicates that Sergei Volkov has been assigned as back-up FE-1 on Soyuz TMA-16M.

What is the reason for assigning a cosmonaut as Flight Engineer who has flown twice already as CDR alongside a "rookie" commander?

Thank you.

Offline ras391

• Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #2357 on: 06/16/2014 12:14 AM »
Interesting post.

Can someone please post a complete list of assignments both prime and back ups.

Offline TJL

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2358 on: 06/16/2014 01:48 AM »
TALsite has link on previous page.

Offline Olaf

• Germany
« Reply #2359 on: 06/18/2014 09:14 AM »
There is an information in the NK forum, that Kathleen Rubins will be a member of the ISS 48/49 crew.
She will fly together with Anatoli Ivanishin and Takuya Onishi.
Kathleen Rubins has started her training in Star City.
http://www.gctc.ru/main.php?id=2551

Tags: