Author Topic: ISS External Payloads and ORUs - a comprehensive list  (Read 2270 times)

Online Yellowstone10

Here's a project I've been working on for a bit - compiling a list of all of the external experimental payloads and orbital replacement units on the ISS, and how they've been moved around over time. The document is divided into two sections. The first section is organized by position or slot on the various external platforms (ESPs, ELCs, the Columbus External Payload Facility, and the JEM Exposed Facililty), listing what items have been in each of those positions over time. The second is organized by the items (first the scientific/experimental payloads, then ORUs in each of the station's various systems), listing where and when each one has moved throughout its time on orbit.

Admittedly, the list is very USOS-centric at this point; I haven't really kept track of the exterior experiments on the Russian segment. I also did not track cameras, RPCMs, or certain antennas, mostly because there's a bunch of them and they're harder to keep track of. Currently the list does not describe what each item is, so that will be coming in a future update.

Tons of credit, of course, goes to Jonathan McDowell and his General Catalog of Artificial Space Objects - I've had tabs open with SatCat, AuxCat, and ECat throughout this project...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSbjgMmfU05ce-UWkE8mJadvRKGuijYKShbDUIQbicTbzujpylhAVuG--YX_yT5F7HRHeyq1ChTNEcv/pub

Let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements! I'll also throw in a plug for my ISS Timeline Google sheet, which I've recently updated to begin with the launch of Zarya rather than the start of Expedition 1:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSdg8dklinybqM8jWdzZsRNqIVjMB6TgVsgPG_HjR0-NhfFfWYu7efaBbgyuILYg7jCf4WRajjPXvFh/pubhtml

Online jcm

• Jonathan McDowell
  • Somerville, Massachusetts, USA
    • Jonathan's Space Report
  • Liked: 1306
  • Likes Given: 781
Re: ISS External Payloads and ORUs - a comprehensive list
« Reply #1 on: 07/06/2023 04:20 am »

Tons of credit, of course, goes to Jonathan McDowell and his General Catalog of Artificial Space Objects - I've had tabs open with SatCat, AuxCat, and ECat throughout this project...

You have my sympathy :-)

Let me know of any goofs you found.
I know I haven't been as systematic as I'd like with the EFU payloads.
also btw, I am considering simplifying my treatment of NRCSD deploys by ignoring the MPEP.
-----------------------------

Jonathan McDowell
http://planet4589.org

Offline Suzy

• Melbourne, Australia
    • RuSpace - my Russian spaceflight website!
  • Liked: 40
  • Likes Given: 188
Re: ISS External Payloads and ORUs - a comprehensive list
« Reply #2 on: 07/07/2023 04:08 am »
I don't know if it's much help, but attached is a PDF document of "Catalog Of Scientific Instruments And Equipment On The ISS Russian Segment" (7.6 MB) from the Roskosmos ISS page (which I can only access via a web proxy service). It is in Russian, though.
❤️🇷🇺🚀

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography