Author Topic: SpaceX F9 : Nusantara Satu (PSN VI)/GTO-1/SpaceIL : Feb. 21/22, 2019 - UPDATES  (Read 9573 times)

Online Chris Bergin

UPDATES ONLY Thread for PSN VI (more recently known as Nusantara Satu, which translates as "One
Archipelago") mission.  The main payload is the PSN VI communications satellite.  The secondary payloads as part of a rideshare arranged by Spaceflight Industries include the SpaceIL Beresheet lunar lander, which will separate in a supersync GTO (around 60k km apogee).  The S5 smallsat from the Air Force Research Laboratory will stay attached to PSN VI until it reaches GEO and then separate.

NSF Threads for PSN VI : Discussion / Updates
NSF Articles for PSN VI :
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/news/spacex/
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018/10/israels-first-moon-launch-falcon-delayed-weeks/

Feb. 21 at 20:45 EST (01:45 UTC on the 22nd) on Falcon 9 from SLC-40 to supersync GTO.



PSN VI is a communications satellite being built for the Indonesian operator PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara.

SSL Press Release
Quote
PALO ALTO, Calif. – November 19, 2014 — Space Systems/Loral (SSL), a leading provider of commercial satellites, today announced that the contract award previously reported on October 29, 2014, was for the Indonesian satellite operator, PT Pasifik Satelit Nusantara (PSN). The commercial communications satellite, named PSN VI, will provide service throughout South East Asia and includes a High Throughput Satellite (HTS) payload for service in Indonesia.

With both C-band and Ku-band transponders, PSN VI will be used for voice and data communications, broadband Internet, and video distribution throughout the Indonesian archipelago. PSN is the first private satellite telecommunications company in Indonesia and a leading Asian provider of a full range of satellite-based telecommunication services.

“PSN has a charter to use satellites to provide innovative communications solutions that help improve lives and support economic growth in remote regions,” said John Celli, president of SSL. “We are very glad to have the opportunity to help PSN further this endeavor by providing, not just a satellite, but a package of services to support its business goals, including launch.”

When launched in early 2017, PSN VI will be located at 146 degrees East longitude. Based on SSL’s proven 1300 satellite platform, which provides the flexibility for a broad range of applications and technology advances, the satellite is designed to deliver service for 15 years or longer.

PSN VI was originally going to be a Boeing 702SP satellite that could be dual launched like the Eutelsat/ABS launches, but they could not find another company to share the launch and switched the order to SSL.
SpaceNews: Indonesia’s PSN Switches to SSL after Boeing Unable To Pair Up All-electric Satellite


Other SpaceX resources on NASASpaceflight:
   SpaceX News Articles (Recent)
   SpaceX News Articles from 2006 (Including numerous exclusive Elon interviews)
   SpaceX Dragon Articles
   SpaceX Missions Section (with Launch Manifest and info on past and future missions)

   L2 SpaceX Section
« Last Edit: 02/11/2019 04:26 pm by gongora »

Online Chris Bergin

The SpaceX Falcon 9 launch of Nusantara Satu (PSN VI)/GTO-1/SpaceIL from SLC-40 is expected to move to a NET of Feb 21 at 20:45 Eastern per L2 Range information.

Offline PM3

  • Member
  • Posts: 90
  • Germany
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 25
22 February 1:45 UTC = 21 February 20:45 Eastern is now confirmed by https://psn.co.id/nsatu/.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7205
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 7487
  • Likes Given: 2500
An interesting detail on one of the payloads:

https://twitter.com/PeterGuggenbach/status/1094943898407968768

Quote
We are going to the moon! A 3D engine mount from RUAG Space will be the first 3D printed part on the moon. Our 3D part will support landing and lift off of Lunar Lander from @TeamSpaceIL. Congrats to our incredible engineers!

Offline gongora

  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 4301
  • US
  • Liked: 3833
  • Likes Given: 2189
https://twitter.com/StephenClark1/status/1095009451935961088
Quote
Rideshare launch provider @SpaceflightInc confirms identify of second piggyback payload riding on SpaceX’s next Falcon 9 launch. SpaceIL’s Beresheet lunar lander and the Air Force Research Lab’s S5 smallsat will launch with Indonesia’s PSN 6 comsat no earlier than Feb. 21.


Online FutureSpaceTourist

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7205
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 7487
  • Likes Given: 2500
https://twitter.com/emrekelly/status/1095364540328542209

Quote
And away we go. Launch hazard area issued for #SpaceX Nusantara Satu mission, also known as PSN-1. In effect on 2/21 from 1845 to 2215 ET (2345 to 0315 UTC). Drone ship landing.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7205
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 7487
  • Likes Given: 2500
Some activity at SLC-40 today:



Quote
Published on 15 Feb 2019
Today was the second day in a row the TE Strongback has been raised and lowered without a payload. We are sure they want some practice after being idle for over two months.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7205
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 7487
  • Likes Given: 2500
No roll out yet for static fire:

https://twitter.com/uslaunchreport/status/1097185578137911296

Quote
#SpaceX No rollout on Pad 40 so far this weekend. Assuming with recent layoffs overtime may also be limited. 12:25 PM. Israeli Lunar Lander.
« Last Edit: 02/17/2019 05:13 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Offline cygnusx112

  • Member
  • Posts: 45
  • 24 Launches and counting.
  • Space Coast
  • Liked: 329
  • Likes Given: 73
As of 5:15pm rocket ranch time the pad is still empty. KSCVC is between me and LC-40 but when Falcon 9 is vertical on the pad it's easy to see.
« Last Edit: 02/17/2019 09:26 pm by cygnusx112 »

Online Chris Bergin

Only L2 note is a reschedule of a Cape Support period that opened this evening, but that does not preclude a potential Static Fire window on Monday.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7205
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 7487
  • Likes Given: 2500
https://twitter.com/spacexfleet/status/1097430326400430081

Quote
Signet Warhorse departs Port Canaveral with OCISLY at 4:30am local time. The droneship is heading 663km down range.


Online RocketLover0119

  • Full Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 401
  • Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 399
  • Likes Given: 396
Mr. Steven out at sea right now conducting shakedown tests with its recently re-attached arms, hopefully, it makes a fairing catch attempt this mission!!  ;D
"The Falcon has landed"

Offline ChrisGebhardt

  • Assistant Managing Editor
  • Global Moderator
  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7127
  • ad astra scientia
  • ~1 AU
  • Liked: 6175
  • Likes Given: 744
No weather forecast yet for this one... which is odd if there's still a chance of making Thursday.

Offline ZachS09

https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/fl/cape-canaveral/32920

The generic weather for February 21st is mostly sunny skies with a high of 78 degrees Fahrenheit and a low of 64 degrees Fahrenheit. However, there is a 24% chance of rain at exactly 9 PM Eastern. And the exact temperature at that time will be 69 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ground winds at exactly 9 PM Eastern is 8 miles per hour from the south-southeast (SSE).
« Last Edit: 02/18/2019 05:07 pm by ZachS09 »
Because the Falcon Heavy Test Flight was successful, it has inspired thousands of people to consider changing the future of space travel.

Online Elthiryel

  • Full Member
  • *
  • Posts: 136
  • Kraków, Poland
  • Liked: 258
  • Likes Given: 1973
And here we go. :)

https://www.patrick.af.mil/Portals/14/documents/Weather/L-3%20Forecast%2021%20Feb%20Launch.pdf?ver=2019-02-18-140745-587
Quote
L-3 Forecast

Launch day probability of violating weather constraints: 20%
Maximum upper level winds: 70 knots near 40,000 feet

Delay day probability of violating weather constraints: 20%
Maximum upper level winds: 70 knots near 40,000 feet

EDIT: Thanks Orbiter, fixed :)
« Last Edit: 02/18/2019 07:54 pm by Elthiryel »
GO for launch, GO for age of reflight

Offline Orbiter

  • Senior Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2258
  • Florida
  • Liked: 516
  • Likes Given: 941
And here we go. :)

https://www.patrick.af.mil/Portals/14/documents/Weather/L-3%20Forecast%2021%20Feb%20Launch.pdf?ver=2019-02-18-140745-587
Quote
L-3 Forecast

Launch day probability of violating weather constraints: 80%
Maximum upper level winds: 70 knots near 40,000 feet

Delay day probability of violating weather constraints: 80%
Maximum upper level winds: 70 knots near 40,000 feet

Just to clarify, the forecast is a 20% chance of weather conditions prohibiting launch, not 80%.
Attended space missions: STS-114, STS-124, STS-128, STS-135, Atlas V "Curiosity", Delta IV Heavy NROL-15, Atlas V MUOS-2, Delta IV Heavy NROL-37, Falcon 9 CRS-9, Falcon 9 JCSAT-16, Atlas V GOES-R, Falcon 9 SES-11, Falcon Heavy Demo, Falcon 9 Es'hail-2.

Online RocketLover0119

  • Full Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 401
  • Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 399
  • Likes Given: 396
"The Falcon has landed"

Online RocketLover0119

  • Full Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 401
  • Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 399
  • Likes Given: 396
"The Falcon has landed"

Tags: