Author Topic: Space Ship Two - General Thread (4)  (Read 22569 times)

Offline high road

• Europe
  • Liked: 223
  • Likes Given: 57
Re: Space Ship Two - General Thread (4)
« Reply #100 on: 12/06/2018 01:55 PM »
And there are still planes that are solely used for thrill rides and scenery tours for paying passengers. An infinitessimal part of the market now, but it used to be different. Once space tourism is a thing, other destinations could materialise. IMO, those will not be tourist destinations, but new uses of space for and by people who had up to that moment not been interested in space.

Offline Pete

• Cubicle
  • Liked: 202
  • Likes Given: 118
« Reply #101 on: 12/10/2018 06:56 PM »
You all know : it's always next year :)

But ... if you trust Richard Branson, it will be this year. Before Christmas ;)

Ooookay... let's see if the first human spaceflight since the shuttle retired will happen in the next 2-3 weeks.

(and please, let's not start this discussion about the Karman line :P)

Umm, hunnybun.... Are you denying that there are people on the ISS right now? That the Russian Soyuz has been doing very regular taxi service to ISS?

I'm also sure that the Chinese will be severely frakked off that you decided to be racist and exclude their Taikonauts that went the Shenzhou 9,10 and 11 missions from your definition of "human"

Offline Svetoslav

• Veteran
  • Bulgaria
  • Liked: 581
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #102 on: 12/10/2018 07:08 PM »
I really love people who do nitpicking.

Yes, I did mean the first US (or western) spaceflight since the shuttle got retired.

But I have to admit - the gaps between Chinese flights are so long, that sometimes I forget about these.

Online meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 4965
  • Likes Given: 904
« Reply #103 on: 12/10/2018 09:05 PM »
I really love people who do nitpicking.

Yes, I did mean the first US (or western) spaceflight since the shuttle got retired.

But I have to admit - the gaps between Chinese flights are so long, that sometimes I forget about these.
You also forget that all those other "human spaceflight" things were orbital.

We can argue forever on the definition of "go to space", but bucketing all in the same bin is just wrong.

-----
ABCD: Always Be Counting Down

ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Tags: