Author Topic: NASA environmental studies  (Read 589 times)

Offline Nomadd

• Boca Chica, Texas
  • Liked: 5131
  • Likes Given: 313
NASA environmental studies
« on: 05/13/2018 09:55 AM »
 Does anybody have an idea where I might find environmental impact studies done for launch sites? Mainly Canaveral area, since it seems the most similar to Boca Chica.
 I'd like to be able to respond a little more effectively when people, including reporters wonder about the issue around here.
« Last Edit: 05/13/2018 09:58 AM by Nomadd »

Offline philw1776

• Seacoast NH
  • Liked: 610
  • Likes Given: 288
Re: NASA environmental studies
« Reply #1 on: 05/13/2018 03:05 PM »
“When it looks more like an alien dreadnought, that’s when you know you’ve won.”

Offline deruch

• California
  • Liked: 1728
  • Likes Given: 3551
« Reply #2 on: 05/14/2018 10:13 AM »
Does anybody have an idea where I might find environmental impact studies done for launch sites? Mainly Canaveral area, since it seems the most similar to Boca Chica.
 I'd like to be able to respond a little more effectively when people, including reporters wonder about the issue around here.

https://netspublic.grc.nasa.gov/nasa_nepa_main.cfm

That library has links to NASA Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Statements sorted by location.  KSC, Wallops, and White Sands will all have launch related items.  According to a note on the site, the library/webpage may not be kept up to date anymore.  In a quick peek, the latest EA/EIS document I saw was from 2015.  So, if it's missing things, they should hopefully just be for very recent years.
Shouldn't reality posts be in "Advanced concepts"?  --Nomadd

Offline Nomadd

• Boca Chica, Texas
  • Liked: 5131
  • Likes Given: 313
« Reply #3 on: 05/16/2018 06:00 AM »
 Thanks youse guys.

Tags: