Author Topic: Apollo 11 Launched the Dreams of NASA's Chief Technologist - Douglas Terrier  (Read 465 times)

Offline catdlr

• Viewed launches since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 2082
  • Likes Given: 1412

NASA Video
Published on Mar 2, 2018

More than 50 years ago, a little boy in Jamaica watched the Apollo 11 landing on a 12-inch black and white television and decided he wanted to be a part of the NASA team. Pursuing his dream, Douglas Terrier now is NASA's Chief Technologist. On July 16, 1969, Apollo 11 launched from Cape Canaveral, carrying Commander Neil Armstrong, Command Module Pilot Michael Collins and Lunar Module Pilot Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin into an initial Earth-orbit. Four days later, America made “one giant leap for mankind,” when Armstrong and Aldrin took their first steps on the moon. An estimated 530 million people watched the historic event that would change the course of space exploration and our view of ourselves in the universe. As NASA returns to the moon, we hope to inspire the next generation of explorers to pursue careers that will assure America's continued leadership in space.

Learn more about NASA Chief Technologist Dr. Douglas Terrier at:
https://www.nasa.gov/offices/oct/douglas-terrier-acting-chief-technologist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stRqlCMlJpA?t=001

Tony De La Rosa

Offline Eric Hedman

• Liked: 300
  • Likes Given: 246
I met him last summer at the EAA AirVenture.  He is a true space aficionado.  I had a very interesting conversation with him.  These are the kind of people you can meet at AirVenture.  On years like 2017 when they had a space focus it is definitely worth attending.

Offline Proponent

• Liked: 994
  • Likes Given: 653
NASA Video
Published on Mar 2, 2018

More than 50 years ago, a little boy in Jamaica watched the Apollo 11 landing....

Having a hard time getting my head around that one, since the landing occurred not quite 49 years ago!

Tags: