Author Topic: SpaceX Falcon 9 - CCAFS/KSC (Florida Space Coast) - Launch Viewing  (Read 9198 times)

Offline Semmel

• Germany
  • Liked: 1236
  • Likes Given: 3346
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Ill be able to mill over them while I wait for my travel form to go through the bureaucratic grinder.

Offline daveglo

• Veteran
  • St. Louis, MO, USA
  • Liked: 126
  • Likes Given: 117
So, I just watched Hispasat launch.  We parked along the north side of the 401, across the road from the parking garage.  The roadside is just wide enough to pull off straight, and it's elevated with no trees obstructing vision.  Highly recommended.

Online ZachS09

Hispasat 30W-6 launch montage partially filmed from a parking lot located near the Aviation Maintenance Science building at Embry-Riddle University in Daytona Beach.

What's neat was that I was able to see the first stage reentry burn from my vantage point about 6 and a half minutes into the flight. The bad news was I didn't get any video or photos of it because I was not expecting to see that reentry burn.

« Last Edit: 03/06/2018 06:19 PM by ZachS09 »
Because the Falcon Heavy Test Flight was successful, it has inspired thousands of people to consider changing the future of space travel.

Offline catdlr

• Viewed launches since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 2078
  • Likes Given: 1407
Hispasat 30W-6 launch montage partially filmed from a parking lot located near the Aviation Maintenance Science building at Embry-Riddle University in Daytona Beach.

What's neat was that I was able to see the first stage reentry burn from my vantage point about 6 and a half minutes into the flight. The bad news was I didn't get any video or photos of it because I was not expecting to see that reentry burn.

Good work.  I subscribed to your channel.
Tony De La Rosa

Offline Ronpur50

• Brandon, FL
  • Liked: 838
  • Likes Given: 1678
I went to KSCVC on Monday for the launch.  Traffic was the worst I have ever seen, Easter Break up north, so a lot of tourist.  The last 1.7 miles to park took two hours.  And then I got sick and left for my brothers house 15 miles away.  But it got cloudy there so we watched it on TV.

I am glad I left early.  Traffic leaving was worse, with accidents.  And 4 visitors to the launch were killed in an accident. Very sad to learn of that news.
« Last Edit: 04/04/2018 10:07 PM by Ronpur50 »

Tags: