Author Topic: Become a reporter for NSF  (Read 63707 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Become a reporter for NSF
« on: 01/07/2018 11:05 pm »
This is something that's worked so well for us over the years.....because we have a huge community here and with a community comes a bunch of people with various skillsets but all interested in the same thing.

If you tick the boxes below, you need to be sending me a PM.

1) Are you interested in rockets, spacecraft and have a passion for telling other people about them?

2) Can you string words together in a readable manner?

Bottom line. I have no doubt at all that hundreds of people who post on this forum would be more than capable of writing news articles for the site. I've seen forum posts that are better than some of our articles. When you're interested in something, that's half the battle. You don't need image editing skills or publishing tool experience, that's all for me to worry about. All I need are the paragraphs.

A style guide is the articles on site. If you read the articles, you know the sort of thing we're looking for. We have the tools, we have the content, we have the audience, we just need to expand our writer pool to convert news into articles to publish on our super revamped news site.

There's no pressure. Write whenever you want. You can be going to events under our media accreditation or sat at home writing on your laptop. It's all very flexible and all the reasons you may think result in a "nope, not for me" tend to be misconceptions of what it takes to write news.

Simply put. If you want to at least give it a go, we'll give you something to write up and let's take it from there.

Send me a message to say you're interested.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: Become a reporter for NSF
« Reply #1 on: 01/11/2018 06:14 pm »
ARTICLE: SpaceShipTwo begins 2018 test campaign in preparation for powered flight -
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018/01/spaceshiptwo-2018-test-campaign-preparation-powered-flight/

Debut NSF article by Michael Baylor, from this new writer pool we're building :)
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
« Reply #2 on: 01/11/2018 09:52 pm »
congrats to Michael ... lovely article.
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline 39B

• Liked: 159
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: 01/20/2018 02:31 pm »
39B here, just sent a PM, but the software acted a little funny, so I'm not sure it actually worked. Putting this here as a back up plan. Holler if you'd like to discuss things further, kindest thanks in advance.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #4 on: 01/20/2018 05:55 pm »
It worked :)

Meanwhile....

Here's Justin Davenport's first article, per this new pool.

The K2-138 system: the first exoplanet system discovered by citizen scientists -
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018/01/k2-138-system-first-exoplanet-system-discovered-citizen-scientists/

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #5 on: 01/25/2018 02:10 pm »
And another new writer.

Ian Atkinson's first article for NSF! :)

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018/01/kennedy-cape-brownsville-launch-pads-schedules/

Offline Chris Bergin

Offline ritasay

• Texas
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: 03/11/2018 11:55 pm »
I will keep this mind, and once I have the guts will give it a try.

Offline Chris Bergin

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #9 on: 09/20/2018 08:04 pm »
ARTICLE: Building on New Shepard, Blue Origin to pump a billion dollars into New Glenn readiness -

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018/09/new-shepard-blue-origin-billion-new-glenn/

- by Thomas Burghardt (@TGMetsFan98) - his debut article for NSF.

Offline Lar

• Fan boy at large
  • Global Moderator
  • Saw Gemini live on TV
  • A large LEGO storage facility ... in Michigan
  • Liked: 11864
  • Likes Given: 11086
« Reply #10 on: 09/20/2018 11:52 pm »
Congratulations, Thomas!!!
(and belated congrats to Nicolas!!!)
"I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just hopefully not at the point of impact." -Elon Musk
"We're a little bit like the dog who caught the bus" - Musk after CRS-8 S1 successfully landed on ASDS OCISLY

Offline Chris Bergin

Offline Chris Bergin

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #13 on: 07/16/2019 02:07 pm »
ARTICLE: Falcon 9 preparing for Static Fire test ahead of CRS-18 mission -

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2019/07/falcon-9-static-fire-test-crs-18/

First article for NSF by Tobias Corbett!

https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/1151130907375362050

Offline Alec

« Reply #14 on: 07/19/2019 12:24 am »
Don't know if you are still looking but I am interested in joining the team as a reporter!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #15 on: 07/19/2019 03:16 pm »
Don't know if you are still looking but I am interested in joining the team as a reporter!

Sure am! Sent you a message back :)

Offline ChefwithaCamera

• Jared Frankle
  • Florida
  • Liked: 107
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #16 on: 07/22/2019 04:05 am »
Hey, I sent you a DM about possibly becoming a reporter if you still have openings for more. @realChefJared
If I can't cook it or take a photo of it, I don't want it!

Offline Chris Bergin

Offline Chris Bergin

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #19 on: 10/08/2019 03:38 pm »
Jacques van Oene has been a long time member here, but this is his first article for NSF.  :)

One on one ESA Director General Johann-Dietrich Wörner

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2019/10/one-on-one-esa-johann-dietrich-worner/

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography