Author Topic: Delta IV-H - NROL-71 - January 19, 2019  (Read 77430 times)

Offline Newton_V

• United States
  • Liked: 456
  • Likes Given: 90
That is called the pain chart/table.

Yes, the pain level on DIV Heavy is T-7 seconds, so luckily it scrubbed before that last week.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 7107
  • Likes Given: 2313
https://twitter.com/ulalaunch/status/1074743040906907648

We are go for launch! The Launch Readiness Review (LRR) was completed this morning. At the conclusion of the meeting, senior leaders were polled and gave a unanimous “go” for launch. http://bit.ly/div_nrol71
« Last Edit: 12/17/2018 06:19 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Online Jdeshetler

• Silicon Valley, CA
  • Liked: 2357
  • Likes Given: 1638
The 19 mph ground wind is forecast for tomorrow so let hope it may died down a bit once the sun comes down for 5:57pm launch.
« Last Edit: 12/18/2018 02:48 am by Jdeshetler »

Dam, first time in the USA and long time lurker here.. was so excited for a launch to happen mere  2hrs drive from me.. and now this wind...

So there is 80% chance for the launch not happening..  What would you advice? To head up after the next forecast, about noon tomorrow? Renwick Ave or Floradale Ave ?

Offline DaveS

• Shuttle program observer
  • Sweden
  • Liked: 513
  • Likes Given: 21
"For Sardines, space is no problem!"
-1996 Astronaut class slogan

"We're rolling in the wrong direction but for the right reasons"
-USA engineer about the rollback of Discovery prior to the STS-114 Return To Flight mission

Offline terryy

• Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 0
Dam, first time in the USA and long time lurker here.. was so excited for a launch to happen mere  2hrs drive from me.. and now this wind...

So there is 80% chance for the launch not happening..  What would you advice? To head up after the next forecast, about noon tomorrow? Renwick Ave or Floradale Ave ?

If you are still in town on Wednesday for the next launch attempt, the weather looks better.  As for viewing spot, I would suggest going to the Surf Beach Amtrak station.  It was open to the public during the initial launch attempt on the 7th and 8th.  I would suggest you get there at least 2 hours before launch.  It got pretty crowded after that when I was there on the 8th.

Offline hootowls

• Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 1

If you are still in town on Wednesday for the next launch attempt, the weather looks better.  As for viewing spot, I would suggest going to the Surf Beach Amtrak station.  It was open to the public during the initial launch attempt on the 7th and 8th.  I would suggest you get there at least 2 hours before launch.  It got pretty crowded after that when I was there on the 8th.

Looks like those days are over - you will now see a roadblock prior to Ocean Park and Surf Station, same as is done on other launches.  This started today.

Online Jdeshetler

• Silicon Valley, CA
  • Liked: 2357
  • Likes Given: 1638
Shot with 4K during our remote camera setups last Monday.

Online Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 888
  • Likes Given: 312

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 345
  • Likes Given: 364
from the live blog, a brief hold was called, now underway again:

"T-minus 2 hours, 53 minutes and holding. Fueling operations are on hold while the team is troubleshooting a valve at the launch pad. A red team is being sent to Space Launch Complex 6 to manually close the valve."

"The valve has been closed remotely and fueling operations are resuming."
"The Falcon has landed"

Offline x15captain13

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

Looks like those days are over - you will now see a roadblock prior to Ocean Park and Surf Station, same as is done on other launches.  This started today.

Did you see the roadblock today?

There is a roadblock..

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline ChrisGebhardt

• Assistant Managing Editor
  • Global Moderator
  • ad astra scientia
  • ~1 AU
  • Liked: 6152
  • Likes Given: 738
Fueling is complete.

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
Picture of Delta IV Heavy tanking ahead of launch, on the live blog, link below for those who want to follow along prior to the webcast:

https://www.ulalaunch.com/missions/delta-iv-nrol-71
"The Falcon has landed"

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
    • Steven Pietrobon's Space Archive
  • Liked: 6511
  • Likes Given: 885
https://www.ulalaunch.com/missions/delta-iv-nrol-71

"4:55 p.m. PST (7:55 p.m. EST; 0055 UTC)
The standard post-fueling inspections of the rocket’s outer thermal insulation is underway using launch pad cameras."
Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline RocketLover0119

• Space Geek
  • Tampa, Florida
Launch time adjusted to 5:49 PT, due to the hold earlier in the count.
"The Falcon has landed"

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
Livestream.

Akin's Laws of Spacecraft Design #1:  Engineering is done with numbers.  Analysis without numbers is only an opinion.

Offline ZachS09

Since the launch time has been moved by five minutes, the webcast should start in about ten minutes.

EDIT: Never mind. It'll start earlier.
« Last Edit: 12/20/2018 12:20 am by ZachS09 »
Because the Falcon Heavy Test Flight was successful, it has inspired thousands of people to consider changing the future of space travel.

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
Colour check.

Offline Steven Pietrobon

• Adelaide, Australia
T-25 minutes. Not for resale notice.
« Last Edit: 12/20/2018 12:24 am by Steven Pietrobon »

Tags: