Author Topic: Current NSF Forum Feedback Thread 2  (Read 33539 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: Current NSF Forum Feedback Thread 2
« Reply #160 on: 10/18/2018 07:59 PM »
Sorry Chris, that was the forum, I'm guessing under a minute.

Copy that! We'll check out what caused it. Thanks!

Offline FinalFrontier

• Space Watcher
  • Liked: 426
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #161 on: 10/18/2018 08:42 PM »
Possible feature suggestion: WEBM embeds/upload. WEBMs are similar to Gifs, but can contain sound. They are popular on a wide variety of forums.
3-30-2017: The start of a great future
"Live Long and Prosper"

Online Stan Black

• Liked: 143
  • Likes Given: 109
« Reply #162 on: 10/19/2018 10:00 PM »
The adverts I see on this website are way to inappropriate. I do not need an arab or thai friend. How do I stop this distressing nonsense?

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #163 on: 10/19/2018 10:14 PM »
The adverts I see on this website are way to inappropriate. I do not need an arab or thai friend. How do I stop this distressing nonsense?

You should be able to close them with the X, but I would suggest you use adblocker in your browser as you're a L2 member and you shouldn't have to see any ads.

That one ad placement (the rest are set ads - and obviously not the ones you're talking about) is Adwords. It's supposed to be based on your location and your browser (per cookies and such every site leaves in your browser). A bit like how Amazon knows to display PC hardware ads if you've been recently shopping for PC stuff.

I have told Mark about some clearly pointless ads (and in your case, totally inappropriate ads) getting through per other people mentioning it (most will never see them I'm guessing or there would be a riot), but I would say Adwords' way of targetting the right ads is completely broken and I want adwords replaced with something else on the site, make no mistake about it - as it's literally like placing s--t on the page. Trust me, I'm angry about this as this started months (if not years) ago. It should be replaced with a better provider.
« Last Edit: 10/19/2018 10:22 PM by Chris Bergin »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #164 on: 10/24/2018 01:23 PM »
We're aware the forum is being a bit slow right now. Doesn't go down, but sometimes you have to wait a few seconds for the next page you click on to load. Mark is working on it.

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #165 on: 10/24/2018 01:39 PM »
Should be back to full speed again. A lot of you wouldn't have noticed it unless - like me - you run around the forum like a crazy man, but was worth noting. Please post on this thread if you notice it return.....making sure it's the forum and not you going under a tunnel or something! :)

Tags: