Author Topic: All SpaceX ISS Launches Synchronized In One Video  (Read 2649 times)

Offline catdlr

• Viewed launches since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 2161
  • Likes Given: 1508
All SpaceX ISS Launches Synchronized In One Video

Scott Manley
Published on Aug 16, 2017

SpaceX launches Dragon Spacecraft to the International Space Station under the Commercial Resupply Services (CRS) program.
This video synchronizes the launches of CRS-1 through CRS-12 and you can see how the technology and launch profiles have changed.
The were a few Dragon missions prior to this which were technology demonstrators for the Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (COTS) program, the second of which berthed at the ISS in May 2012. This is missing from the video because 13 is not a convenient number for this presentation :)

Mission control audio is chopped up into sections from all launches intermixed to highlight the major events.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdR_s_v3drQ?t=001

« Last Edit: 08/16/2017 10:28 PM by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa

Online cartman

• Greece
  • Liked: 487
  • Likes Given: 2620
Re: All SpaceX ISS Launches Synchronized In One Video
« Reply #1 on: 08/17/2017 02:09 AM »
That's an excellent video and it brings back memories, good and bad :'( . In any case, the first thing I noticed is that the first couple of missions staged almost a minute later!

Offline Lars-J

• California
  • Liked: 3769
  • Likes Given: 2305
« Reply #2 on: 08/17/2017 05:25 PM »
That's an excellent video and it brings back memories, good and bad :'( . In any case, the first thing I noticed is that the first couple of missions staged almost a minute later!

The first two were F9v1.0 flights... And those did stage later.  F9v1.1 pretty much doubled the upper stage size, which allowed the staging to happen earlier, which enabled first stage recovery. (v1.2 stretched the upper stage even more)

In addition the last couple of flights staged first due to RTLS of the first stage. (The middle flights were ocean landings - or tests of ocean landings)

Offline Nomadd

• Boca Chica, Texas
  • Liked: 5525
  • Likes Given: 352
« Reply #3 on: 08/17/2017 06:04 PM »

The were a few Dragon missions prior to this which were technology demonstrators for the Commercial Orbital Transportation Services (COTS) program, the second of which berthed at the ISS in May 2012. This is missing from the video because 13 is not a convenient number for this presentation :)

You could always change the title a little and put COTS 2/3 in while leaving CRS-7 out.

Offline intrepidpursuit

• Orlando, FL
  • Liked: 395
  • Likes Given: 238
« Reply #4 on: 08/17/2017 10:48 PM »

You could always change the title a little and put COTS 2/3 in while leaving CRS-7 out.

That would be my vote. That video is distracting and depressing in this context.

Offline darkenfast

• Liked: 517
  • Likes Given: 1313
« Reply #5 on: 08/18/2017 04:21 AM »
I think leaving CRS-7 in is a good reminder that space launches are hard.  Fun video!

Offline gadgetmind

• Liked: 109
  • Likes Given: 236
« Reply #6 on: 08/18/2017 04:27 PM »

My eyes kept getting drawn to CRS-7. Does this make me a bad person?
« Last Edit: 08/23/2017 07:49 AM by gadgetmind »

Offline ZachS09

« Reply #7 on: 08/18/2017 05:52 PM »

My eyes kept getting drawn to CRS-7. Does this make me a bad person?

Absolutely not. Nobody's ever a bad person if they watch rocket failures.
« Last Edit: 08/18/2017 06:05 PM by ZachS09 »
Because the Falcon Heavy Test Flight was successful, it has inspired thousands of people to consider changing the future of space travel.

Tags: