Author Topic: What Happened To Proposed SpaceX Orbital Tourism Flights?  (Read 7410 times)

Offline okan170

• Los Angeles
  • Liked: 6728
  • Likes Given: 1314
Re: What Happened To Proposed SpaceX Orbital Tourism Flights?
« Reply #20 on: 07/29/2017 01:08 am »
Making NASA look silly.
That ship sailed years ago... :o :(

To be honest, only "manned" part of NASA looks... let's say "not so good".
The part which does space telescopes and unmanned missions is impressive (JWST budget saga being a notable exception).

I don't know- they're flying astronauts right now with their partners.  This "SpaceX makes everyone look silly", "SpaceX sending a message to NASA to not make things difficult" and "They were afraid SLS would steal their thunder" talk is ridiculous.  (If anything, being a supplier trying to embarrass your primary customer publicly would usually go poorly for anyone but Musk)

Offline gospacex

• Liked: 540
  • Likes Given: 604
« Reply #21 on: 07/29/2017 01:57 am »
Making NASA look silly.

The part which does space telescopes and unmanned missions is impressive (JWST budget saga being a notable exception).

I don't know- they're flying astronauts right now with their partners.

After having to stop using the most expensive launch vehicle in history, NASA manned program now has no option but to resort to using a spacecraft made by "partners" who are political enemies of the West in general and US in particular, whose political leadership routinely murder journalists and opposition politicians and invade neighboring countries? Good job at "not looking silly".

But no worries, NASA manned program is well on the way of making a new most expensive launch vehicle in history! It should be ready by 2014! Oops...

I know that you are a SLS fanboi, but try to see some facts.
« Last Edit: 07/29/2017 01:59 am by gospacex »

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 3140
  • Likes Given: 8763
« Reply #22 on: 07/29/2017 02:08 am »
To be fair NASA's robotic and probe exploration are second to none and the ISS is an engineering marvel and a model example of international political cooperation....
« Last Edit: 07/29/2017 02:14 am by Rocket Science »
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator, Vintage auto racer

Offline Confusador

• Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 188
« Reply #23 on: 07/29/2017 09:43 am »
Making NASA look silly.

I don't know- they're flying astronauts right now with their partners.

After having to stop using the most expensive launch vehicle in history, NASA manned program now has no option but to resort to using a spacecraft made by "partners" who are political enemies of the West in general and US in particular, whose political leadership routinely murder journalists and opposition politicians and invade neighboring countries? Good job at "not looking silly".

But no worries, NASA manned program is well on the way of making a new most expensive launch vehicle in history! It should be ready by 2014! Oops...

I know that you are a SLS fanboi, but try to see some facts.

If you want facts, the "manned" part of NASA is what contracted for Dragon and Starliner; I'm not sure why you think those vehicles look "not so good".  They've got their fingers in many pots, some are better than others, but that's the nature of risk taking.  If they never make a bad decision, they're doing it wrong.

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 3140
  • Likes Given: 8763
« Reply #24 on: 07/29/2017 12:04 pm »
Could we please bring the discussion back to SpaceX orbital tourism...
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator, Vintage auto racer

Tags: