Author Topic: Upcoming Talks - SpaceX Related  (Read 103234 times)

Offline Eagandale4114

• Liked: 231
  • Likes Given: 347
Re: Upcoming Talks - SpaceX Related
« Reply #180 on: 04/23/2018 06:18 PM »
Over on reddit there is an AMA tomorrow morning at 9:30 am with Andy Lambert the VP of production. The thread opens at 8:30 am for any questions.

Link to announcement thread

edit/gongora:  That's 9:30am PDT (UTC-7)
« Last Edit: 04/23/2018 06:51 PM by gongora »

Offline cletus

• Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 1528
« Reply #181 on: 04/23/2018 08:45 PM »
Hans Koenigsmann at NEAF on April 22:

edit: Hans starts at 4h3m mark.

At 4:19:59 the video briefly shows the side booster being integrated. Is that footage available anywhere else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-rXO7kI-8&t=4h19m59s
« Last Edit: 04/23/2018 08:51 PM by cletus »

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 6793
  • Likes Given: 2120
« Reply #182 on: 04/23/2018 09:49 PM »
At 4:19:59 the video briefly shows the side booster being integrated. Is that footage available anywhere else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-rXO7kI-8&t=4h19m59s

Itís just the beginning of SpaceXís webcast of the FH launch.

Offline Inoeth

« Reply #183 on: 04/24/2018 01:35 AM »
Is it just me or has SpaceX (mostly Gwyenne but sometimes others) been participating in more talks lately than in the past?

On that note, is there any word on if Elon (or perhaps someone else) will be at the IAC this year? When did we learn that Elon was going to be at the last one- i think it was around June ish that we found out?

I wonder about the possibility of SpaceX holding off on IAC this year and doing a presentation of BFR(S) in the new LA factory when that's built sometime next year - kind of like how they originally showcased Dragon 2... tho this being on a much larger scale...

Offline jpo234

• Liked: 1076
  • Likes Given: 171
« Reply #184 on: 04/24/2018 05:08 AM »
Is it just me or has SpaceX (mostly Gwyenne but sometimes others) been participating in more talks lately than in the past?

On that note, is there any word on if Elon (or perhaps someone else) will be at the IAC this year? When did we learn that Elon was going to be at the last one- i think it was around June ish that we found out?

I wonder about the possibility of SpaceX holding off on IAC this year and doing a presentation of BFR(S) in the new LA factory when that's built sometime next year - kind of like how they originally showcased Dragon 2... tho this being on a much larger scale...
Thought the very same thing. It seems there is a coordinated PR campaign going on.
You want to be inspired by things. You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great. That's what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It's about believing in the future and believing the future will be better than the past. And I can't think of anything more exciting than being out there among the stars.

Online RotoSequence

• Liked: 779
  • Likes Given: 878
« Reply #185 on: 04/24/2018 09:56 PM »
Thought the very same thing. It seems there is a coordinated PR campaign going on.
[/quote]

It's probably necessary, if they want broad, general public support of SpaceX collecting Government funding for vehicle development.

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 3484
  • Likes Given: 2012
« Reply #186 on: 04/24/2018 11:15 PM »
This is not a general discussion thread.  Also even if you are posting these thoughts in a general discussion thread, you may want to consider whether the thing you're trying to tie to the current round of talks even makes any sense.

Offline jpo234

« Reply #187 on: 04/28/2018 09:21 PM »
Tom Mueller at the International Space Development Conference:
http://isdc2018.nss.org/speakers/
http://isdc2018.nss.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/ISDC-2018-Thursday-SCHEDULE-4-19-18.pdf

Just confirmed again: https://twitter.com/ISDC/status/989990916990668800

SpaceX CTO of Propulsion Development Tom Mueller is joining the luminaries speaking at http://isdc2018.nss.org/ ! Mueller led the development of the famed Merlin engine and the new Raptor engine powering the new fully reusable Big Falcon Rocket. #SpaceX #ElonMusk #FalconHeavy #BFR
You want to be inspired by things. You want to wake up in the morning and think the future is going to be great. That's what being a spacefaring civilization is all about. It's about believing in the future and believing the future will be better than the past. And I can't think of anything more exciting than being out there among the stars.

Offline jpo234

Offline jpo234

« Reply #189 on: 05/08/2018 10:48 AM »

Online vaporcobra

• Tacoma, WA
  • Liked: 2225
  • Likes Given: 2495
« Reply #190 on: 05/08/2018 11:14 AM »
Josh Brost, SpaceX Senior Director, Government Business Development on May 8, 2018 at The Humans to Mars Summit.

That's today. Anybody there to keep us informed?

All the SpaceX stuff is Wednesday. Regardless, I belief most events will be streamed.
https://livestream.com/viewnow/HumanstoMars2018

Offline biosehnsucht

• Liked: 107
  • Likes Given: 209
« Reply #191 on: 05/08/2018 10:10 PM »
Will we be able to rewind the live streams or catch them after the fact on Youtube the same day? Or do we have to be watching at exactly the right time?

Online vaporcobra

• Tacoma, WA
« Reply #192 on: 05/08/2018 11:28 PM »
Will we be able to rewind the live streams or catch them after the fact on Youtube the same day? Or do we have to be watching at exactly the right time?

It's likely others will screen capture the livestreams and upload elsewhere. Livestream.com doesn't have replays.

Edit: Actually, looks like Livestream does now archive streams after the fact. Today's are already watchable.
« Last Edit: 05/08/2018 11:33 PM by vaporcobra »

Online vaporcobra

• Tacoma, WA
« Reply #193 on: 05/09/2018 06:28 PM »
::) ::) ::) sigh... Josh Brost is definitely not on the 2-5pm Exploration Architectures panel today, no warning or comment from the moderator.

Online DigitalMan

• Liked: 129
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #194 on: 05/09/2018 06:41 PM »
Yea, looks like he was replaced.  I didn't think there would be anything new anyhow. 

Online vaporcobra

• Tacoma, WA
« Reply #195 on: 05/09/2018 07:41 PM »
Yea, looks like he was replaced.  I didn't think there would be anything new anyhow.

Hey, the talk that proceeded it was extremely interesting :) He's an exceptional speaker, especially when there are other foils on the panel. He didn't necessarily give anything uniquely new, but it did reiterate SpaceX's BFR targets, Block 5, and just generally adds another layer of data to the SpaceX canon.

Super useful as a journalist to have actual employees who aren't just figureheads speak at length about their company and answer questions. Jogs the memory :) I was very much looking forward to a THREE HOUR panel :o But shouldn't be surprised that he couldn't swing that, he is a valuable and senior employee.

Online DigitalMan

« Reply #196 on: 05/09/2018 07:50 PM »
Yes it was very good to hear those points reiterated to provide more confidence. 

It occurs to me though that if someone like Buzz wants an office for Moon/Mars exploration to better integrate the Blue/SpaceX plans into NASA plans, they could start with these conferences.  There is a clear distinction between SpaceX plans and NASA plans.  Near the end of the afternoon session someone mentioned Josh was originally supposed to be on the panel and that he would have provided some contrast (not the right word but close).

I'd like to see the essence of what Buzz asked come about.  Find a way to coalesce the ideas that Blue and SpaceX have with NASA without any interference, stumbling blocks or slowdowns.

I am hopeful that something comes of the idea of Exploration Zones to ease pressure from planetary protection.

Offline cebri

• Spain
  • Liked: 167
  • Likes Given: 87
« Reply #197 on: 05/09/2018 08:06 PM »

Online docmordrid

• Michigan
  • Liked: 2255
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #198 on: 05/09/2018 09:05 PM »
::) ::) ::) sigh... Josh Brost is definitely not on the 2-5pm Exploration Architectures panel today, no warning or comment from the moderator.

Joshua Brost you say?

Twitter...

Jeff Foust ✓ @jeff_foust (Space News)
Brost: as early as the first half of next year well start doing vertical takeoff and landing tests of our first BFR upper stage. #HumansToMars
« Last Edit: 05/09/2018 09:06 PM by docmordrid »
DM

Online DigitalMan

« Reply #199 on: 05/09/2018 09:10 PM »

Joshua Brost you say?

Twitter...

Jeff Foust ✓ @jeff_foust (Space News)
Brost: as early as the first half of next year well start doing vertical takeoff and landing tests of our first BFR upper stage. #HumansToMars

That is from the morning session

Tags: