Author Topic: New Generation Manned Spacecraft - CZ-5B - Wenchang - 2018  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 341
  • Likes Given: 866
Source: https://www.chinaspaceflight.com/China-Launch-Schedule.html

With the delay of Tianhe 1 to 2019, this will be the first launch of the CZ-5B launch vehicle variant.   Could it be that the primary role of the launch will be to prove the new launch vehicle and it will carry something akin to a boilerplate of the New Generation Manned Spacecraft?   Using Google Translate, the payload is described as "a new generation of manned spacecraft test ship".   The use of the CZ-5B would suggest that the spacecraft will be flying in the "lunar" version which will have a mass of ~20 tonnes.
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Offline Phillip Clark

• Hastings, England
  • Liked: 341
  • Likes Given: 866
Could someone please translate the Chinese captions on this illustration?   I am not sure if they specifically relate to the sub-scale model which flew on the maiden flight of the CZ-7 or not.

Many thanks.
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane - WJ.

Online russianhalo117

• AR USA / Berlin, DE / Moscow, RF
  • Liked: 1064
  • Likes Given: 582
Source: https://www.chinaspaceflight.com/China-Launch-Schedule.html

With the delay of Tianhe 1 to 2019, this will be the first launch of the CZ-5B launch vehicle variant.   Could it be that the primary role of the launch will be to prove the new launch vehicle and it will carry something akin to a boilerplate of the New Generation Manned Spacecraft?   Using Google Translate, the payload is described as "a new generation of manned spacecraft test ship".   The use of the CZ-5B would suggest that the spacecraft will be flying in the "lunar" version which will have a mass of ~20 tonnes.
It is to be a test article akin to EFT-1 but with possibly more functionality on the flight than EFT-1.

Could someone please translate the Chinese captions on this illustration?   I am not sure if they specifically relate to the sub-scale model which flew on the maiden flight of the CZ-7 or not.

Many thanks.
AFAIK, they are the same

Tags: