Author Topic: Tory Bruno to appear on TMRO webcast March 4th at 1 PM EST  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Zed_Noir

• Canada
  • Liked: 370
  • Likes Given: 581
Just a heads up for NSF members & guests. Tory Bruno, CEO of ULA will be interview on the TMRO webcast by Skype connection today (March 4th) at about 1PM EST. Should be a half hour segment after the first break about 20 minutes from the start of the webcast. The webcast should announce when Tory Bruno will be interview on the webcast at the start if the cast.

Tory Bruno‏Verified account
@torybruno

I'll be on the @tmro show Saturday talking about Spaaaace. Hope you tune in
https://twitter.com/torybruno/status/837283665373716480

tim scott‏
@_duta_

tim scott Retweeted Tory Bruno
Tune in to watch live at 18:00 UTC Saturday! http://tmro.tv/live tim scott added,
https://twitter.com/_duta_/status/837752767452098561

The webcast link

There is a chat room on the webcast for viewers to post comments. That might get pass on to the guest.

Note - Will be interesting on the interview with Tory Bruno, since the main TMRO host Benjamin Higginbotham works for the folks at Hawthorne. Ben is on twitter as @Bencredible

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 6236
  • Likes Given: 1877
I just watched, good interview. I have to say that I think Tory comes over well, knows his stuff too.

Far more covered than I could capture; just a few points that stuck in my mind:

1. Two challenges for Vulcan discussed:
      - additive manufacture (as no history/knowledge base to draw on)
      - maintaining two vehicle designs until engine choice is made (although he said one deisgn is significantly ahead of the other)

2. He justified only recovering engines on S1 by saying that guaranteed it can be done on every flight, no matter how heavy the payload. So he claims that makes the economics work overall.

3. Good discussion on CISLunar1000, what it is, what may happen first etc
      - In response to a Q he sees asteroid prospecting in 5 - 10 years; mining 10 - 20

4. There are a couple of extra features?/capabilities? of Vulcan ULA haven't disclosed yet (no hints as to what they are)

IMHO worth watching (although regulars on this forum may not learn much new)

Offline benjaminhigginbotham

• Galactic Overlord
  • Bencredible
  • Anaheim, CA
    • TMRO
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Note - Will be interesting on the interview with Tory Bruno, since the main TMRO host Benjamin Higginbotham works for the folks at Hawthorne. Ben is on twitter as @Bencredible

For things like this I excuse myself from that part of the show. Hence why you basically see me disappear.

Offline Zed_Noir

• Canada
  • Liked: 370
  • Likes Given: 581

For things like this I excuse myself from that part of the show. Hence why you basically see me disappear.

That's a given from the past webcasts. The interesting part is who replace you as the interviewer.

Great show as usual.

Online FutureSpaceTourist

• UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 6236
  • Likes Given: 1877
Here's the show if you missed it, Tory's interview starts about 16:30 in:

« Last Edit: 03/05/2017 05:27 AM by FutureSpaceTourist »

Tags: