Author Topic: MOM-2 Mars mission in 2022  (Read 6954 times)

Offline K210

• Liked: 63
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: MOM-2 Mars mission in 2022
« Reply #20 on: 10/07/2018 01:38 PM »
This mission has already been delayed to 2022.

Source: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DoVNe1RXoAA4o-G.jpg
« Last Edit: 10/07/2018 11:58 PM by Chris Bergin »

Offline Tywin

« Reply #21 on: 10/09/2018 07:07 PM »
I hope this delay mean, add the lander and the rover to the mission 8)

Offline plutogno

• Toulouse, France and Milan, Italy
  • Liked: 126
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #22 on: 10/14/2018 07:24 AM »
I really hope that instead of replicating what the other space agencies are doing with their landers and rovers, ISRO will do like the UAE: identify a scientific topic that is not pursued by anyone else and stage a mission to address that

Offline worldtimedate

• World TimeDate
  • Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #23 on: 10/14/2018 07:51 PM »
I really hope that instead of replicating what the other space agencies are doing with their landers and rovers, ISRO will do like the UAE: identify a scientific topic that is not pursued by anyone else and stage a mission to address that

Whai is wrong with India replicating what the other space agencies are dong with their landers and rovers ? India will follow what other top space agencies are doing with landers and rovers for its Mars Mission. India is a capable Space Power despite Technology Denial Regime having failed to sabotage its space mission many times.

The mission would not be easy to execute. But India has to follow in the foot steps of other agencies. Tell UAE to first develop from scratch a weather satellite for earth without getting technological transfer and knowledge from other space agencies before laying its borrowing hands from others such as India. Isn't India supposed to help UAE in its Mars Mission HOPE ? Has India's successful Mars Mission MOM caused severe heart burn for not only other top space agencies but also UAE ? Because the later mentioned nation cannot tolerate that a Hindu nation has achieved a miracle in Space Domain. Now it has  started following in India's foot step. This anyway acknowledges Indian Space Program's achievement. First let them crawl on the floor, then stand and then walk

Offline K210

• Liked: 63
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #24 on: 10/14/2018 08:07 PM »

Well after a orbiter a lander mission is the next logical step. But yes i agree isro should try to study some other areas that have not been looked into before.

Tags: