Author Topic: SpaceX Hawthorne Facilities  (Read 31211 times)

Online Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 8355
  • Likes Given: 5483
Re: SpaceX Hawthorne Facilities
« Reply #60 on: 09/14/2018 08:13 PM »
Thanks everyone!  I'll try to take a few pics.

- Ed Kyle
Go down to the Port of LA to check out the BFS. I missed my opportunity to do that a couple days ago and regret it.

Also, you can see the Boring Company sort of from the Starbucks there. You can also check out the prototype hyperloop track.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Online edkyle99

• Expert
    • Space Launch Report
  • Liked: 3946
  • Likes Given: 755
« Reply #61 on: 09/19/2018 03:52 PM »
B1019, the first landed orbital booster, stands at the corner of Crenshaw and Northrop in Hawthorne, California, two years and nine months after that landing.  They've landed 20 more stages since then, six of those twice.  It is hard for a space enthusiast to stand calmly at this intersection. 

I couldn't visit the Port, but I saw it from my window on my return flight.  If you know where to look, I think you can see JRTI, the BFR site, the Sea Launch fleet, and maybe even SpaceX Hawthorne in the distance.  And downtown LA, etc..

- Ed Kyle

Offline oiorionsbelt

• Liked: 607
  • Likes Given: 1366
« Reply #62 on: 09/19/2018 03:55 PM »
  It is hard for a space enthusiast to stand calmly at this intersection. 

- Ed Kyle
I like this quote. :)

Online gongora

• Global Moderator
  • US
  • Liked: 3148
  • Likes Given: 1847
« Reply #63 on: 09/19/2018 04:01 PM »

- Ed Kyle

And this is a good reminder that just because one of your fellow space enthusiasts occasionally voices doubts about the SpaceX schedule announcements or is cautious about believing SpaceX has licked a problem before actually seeing proof that's true, it doesn't mean they hate SpaceX.
« Last Edit: 09/19/2018 04:02 PM by gongora »

Online kevinof

• Antibes
  • Liked: 415
  • Likes Given: 482
« Reply #64 on: 09/19/2018 04:19 PM »
yeah I had to read the post twice to make sure it was from Ed.

- Ed Kyle

And this is a good reminder that just because one of your fellow space enthusiasts occasionally voices doubts about the SpaceX schedule announcements or is cautious about believing SpaceX has licked a problem before actually seeing proof that's true, it doesn't mean they hate SpaceX.

Tags: