Author Topic: New stage transporter under construction  (Read 3293 times)

Offline edzieba

• Virtual Realist
  • United Kingdom
  • Liked: 161
  • Likes Given: 27
Re: New stage transporter under construction
« Reply #20 on: 07/11/2018 01:26 PM »
A reddit post pointing to a facebook post about a new stage transporter under construction in South East Texas:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpaceXLounge/comments/8xmied/machinist_on_facebook_page_shares_pictures_of/
I count 8 halves so when welded that will be four beams which is two more beams than the Falcon 9 transporter and is consistent with the facebook page post saying that it is for Falcon Heavy thus they are going to assemble Falcon Heavy on CCAFS and wheel it over so that they do not tie up the 39A HIF for to long. That is my analysis. My reply is now open for detailed discussion.
Or they're just building two new transporter frames rather than one.

Offline OnWithTheShow

• Philadelphia, PA
  • Liked: 123
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #21 on: 07/11/2018 01:55 PM »
Presumably they will need one of these for Vandenberg also yes?

Offline matthewkantar

• Liked: 512
  • Likes Given: 590
« Reply #22 on: 07/11/2018 03:21 PM »
I count 8 halves so when welded that will be four beams which is two more beams than the Falcon 9 transporter and is consistent with the facebook page post saying that it is for Falcon Heavy thus they are going to assemble Falcon Heavy on CCAFS and wheel it over so that they do not tie up the 39A HIF for to long. That is my analysis. My reply is now open for detailed discussion.

The pieces shown are welded end to end with plates on top, I believe eight pieces make one transporter.

Matthew

Tags: