Author Topic: Can you name the spacejunk origin?  (Read 2574 times)

Offline nemesys660

• Argentina
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
Can you name the spacejunk origin?
« on: 06/18/2015 03:20 PM »
Hello Everyone and welcome to a brand new chapter of "Caaaaaaaan you name the space junk?"

In today's episode, we have a new trivia for all of you. Along with this thread there are 9 pictures, showing a piece of space junk fallen on -32.456444, -64.386298 at 17:10 hs (-3 GMT) June 17.

The biggest hint is obviously the B5 logotype. The coin next to the object, in one of the pictures has the same size as a dime.

Make your bets! the winner gets... recognition form the rest of the boys in this forum. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 06/18/2015 03:39 PM by nemesys660 »

Online kevin-rf

• Elite Veteran
  • Overlooking the path Mary's little Lamb took..
  • Liked: 1124
  • Likes Given: 244
Re: Can you name the spacejunk origin?
« Reply #1 on: 06/18/2015 04:31 PM »
Space track has catID: 40279,  2014-064C, BREEZE-M DEB debris reentering on that date...

Though, why would a discarded tank have glass in it? Does this mean it was debris that was to small to track?
If you're happy and you know it,
It's your med's!

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 1447
  • Likes Given: 4501
« Reply #2 on: 06/18/2015 05:12 PM »
Do you have pictures of where it was found? It has little resemblance to space junk.

BTW: 10 centavos?
« Last Edit: 06/18/2015 05:12 PM by baldusi »

Offline nemesys660

• Argentina
« Reply #3 on: 06/18/2015 05:57 PM »
Space track has catID: 40279,  2014-064C, BREEZE-M DEB debris reentering on that date...

Though, why would a discarded tank have glass in it? Does this mean it was debris that was to small to track?

I though the same, glass wouldn't stand a chanve vs atmosphere, the threat title was kind of a joke, a misleading one, for sure. It's hard for me to think this came from an aircraft because there hasn't been any aircraft crush or anything like that, nor this can come from a higher building because there are no bulidings in this area.

Do you have pictures of where it was found? It has little resemblance to space junk.

BTW: 10 centavos?

According to the guy that reported this, there was a huge noise in his roof and then he found these pieces part of them still in his roof, part of them on his backyard. But I don't have any pictures of the house.

"10 centavos" is a coin here in argentina, it represents 1/10 of our legal currency "Peso Argentino". It has the same size of a dime.

Offline R7

• Propulsophile
    • Don't worry.. we can still be fans of OSC and SNC
  • Liked: 954
  • Likes Given: 662
« Reply #4 on: 06/18/2015 06:16 PM »

Ivanova: OK who broke the window?
AD·ASTRA·ASTRORVM·GRATIA

Online kevin-rf

• Elite Veteran
  • Overlooking the path Mary's little Lamb took..
  • Liked: 1124
  • Likes Given: 244
« Reply #5 on: 06/18/2015 06:52 PM »
Planes can lose parts without crashing. Kids can build catapults and have fun with bottles. I don't see any scorch marks, but that does not mean anything.
If you're happy and you know it,
It's your med's!

Offline R7

• Propulsophile
    • Don't worry.. we can still be fans of OSC and SNC
  • Liked: 954
  • Likes Given: 662
« Reply #6 on: 06/18/2015 07:06 PM »
I wonder why the photographer thought that stacking the three pieces in nine random piles somehow helps with identification??  ::)
AD·ASTRA·ASTRORVM·GRATIA

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 1447
  • Likes Given: 4501
« Reply #7 on: 06/18/2015 11:59 PM »
"10 centavos" is a coin here in argentina, it represents 1/10 of our legal currency "Peso Argentino". It has the same size of a dime.
We have a strict English-only policy here, as deference to the rest of the reader, but you might want to read my location right under my nickname. I was wondering how it was more available than the 1 Peso ones, which also have a more international size.

Offline nemesys660

• Argentina
« Reply #8 on: 06/19/2015 02:56 PM »
We have a strict English-only policy here, as deference to the rest of the reader, but you might want to read my location right under my nickname. I was wondering how it was more available than the 1 Peso ones, which also have a more international size.

Oh I didn't realize that. Yeah, one Peso would have been more suitable.

I wonder why the photographer thought that stacking the three pieces in nine random piles somehow helps with identification??  ::)

I have no idea xD

Planes can lose parts without crashing. Kids can build catapults and have fun with bottles. I don't see any scorch marks, but that does not mean anything.

Yeah that's right. This is very similar to a broken screen from an old CRT Glass Panel.

Maybe an airplane needed to make his flight lighter, and then... xD

EDIT: Here's a peek of how a CRT broken glass looks like:

I'd say there are very similar to the pieces found by this guy.
« Last Edit: 06/19/2015 03:04 PM by nemesys660 »

Tags: