Author Topic: New Forum Sections  (Read 82410 times)

Offline Paul451

• Australia
  • Liked: 780
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: New Forum Sections
« Reply #100 on: 06/02/2017 09:15 AM »
If there is an asteroid that is discovered heading toward earth,

...it would not only get its own section, but its own group of sections. Chris might even bump the L2 forums from the top of the main page.

Online mtakala24

« Reply #101 on: 09/03/2017 09:16 PM »
I wonder whether we could have something live "Space Coast Life" -section, where hurricane threads and other similar event threads could be moved, and more easily located.

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 8585
  • Likes Given: 5604
« Reply #102 on: 04/05/2018 11:37 PM »
I suggest we rename “HLV / SLS / Orion / Constellation” to include “Beyond-LEO HSF” as there are 3 such subsection (HSF NEA, Moon, Mars) that aren’t explicitly included in the old title. This does cause some confusion as everyone just puts anything General HSF Mars related in the SpaceX Mars section.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #103 on: 04/06/2018 05:44 PM »
I suggest we rename “HLV / SLS / Orion / Constellation” to include “Beyond-LEO HSF” as there are 3 such subsection (HSF NEA, Moon, Mars) that aren’t explicitly included in the old title. This does cause some confusion as everyone just puts anything General HSF Mars related in the SpaceX Mars section.

Yep. Let me see what fits.
« Last Edit: 04/06/2018 05:44 PM by Chris Bergin »

Offline Paul451

• Australia
  • Liked: 780
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #104 on: 04/06/2018 10:28 PM »
Speaking of renaming sections: "NSF 2017 - Taking NSF into the next era". Ahem.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #105 on: 04/08/2018 09:18 PM »
All done.

Wondering if we could merge NEA into SLS general and move change the NEA section to the Lunar Gateway stuff. Maybe in the future when we've got more threads on the latter.

Online russianhalo117

• AR USA / Berlin, DE / Moscow, RF
  • Liked: 1261
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #106 on: 04/09/2018 05:23 AM »
All done.

Wondering if we could merge NEA into SLS general and move change the NEA section to the Lunar Gateway stuff. Maybe in the future when we've got more threads on the latter.
Maybe create a shelved projects section to hold all cancelled projects so they dont clog current sections and subsection with unrelated threads.

Offline rayleighscatter

• Maryland
  • Liked: 486
  • Likes Given: 228
« Reply #107 on: 04/12/2018 09:18 PM »
Polite suggestion for removing a section:

With Dream Chaser now with its own section there is a lot of overlap between the content in the Commercial Space forum and the Commercial Crew Vehicles forum. Those two could probably be rolled together without losing anything.

A little redundant perhaps, but I wanted to bring this suggestion forward again.

I still think these two could merge very easily, especially when you consider that the first page in the commercial crew forum goes back 3 years.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #108 on: 06/14/2018 03:43 PM »
We're going to start a new Virgin Galatic/Virgin Orbit section next.

Online russianhalo117

• AR USA / Berlin, DE / Moscow, RF
  • Liked: 1261
  • Likes Given: 598
« Reply #109 on: 06/14/2018 04:45 PM »
Maybe a new dedicated section for US Commercial Launchers in the Commercial and US Government Launch Vehicles Board to separate Firefly (FAI), Astra, Rocket Lab, VSS et al from the other international content in the existing Commercial Space Flight General section as these launch companies are gaining contracts and launches. To emphasize the US part of the board name better Commercial should be relocated after US Government to become US Commercial and Government Launch Vehicles. I recommend moving the existing Commercial Space Flight General section down to the International Space Flight (ESA, Russia, China and others) Board.

A separate set of corrections to make to emphasis better clarification:
Other Launchers (Korean, Brazilian etc.) Section Description was not updated when the newer Suborbital Missions section was added and no longer accurately reflects to the fullest the current uses of these sections:

Current text:
Other Launchers (Korean, Brazilian etc.)
Coverage of all other launches, ranging Korean to suborbital etc.

Proposed text (Changes in red):
Other Orbital Launchers (Korean, Brazilian etc.)
Coverage of all other orbital launches, ranging Korean to Brazil etc.

Current text:
Suborbital Missions
A New board for Suborbital missions - such as Wallops sounding rocket missions through to Copenhagen Suborbitals, etc.

Proposed text (Changes in red):
Scientific | Civilian | Military Suborbital Missions
A New board for Scientific | Civilian | Military Suborbital missions - such as Wallops sounding rocket missions through to Copenhagen Suborbitals, etc.

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #110 on: 06/19/2018 12:42 PM »
Virgin section set up.
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?board=81.0

Looking at the amount of threads and interest, I think we need one for Rocket Lab too! Will get on that while I'm in the admin office ;D

Tags: