Author Topic: SpaceX FH : Falcon Heavy Demo : early 2018 : Discussion  (Read 417101 times)

Offline mme

• Santa Barbara, CA, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
  • Liked: 1324
  • Likes Given: 3475
Re: SpaceX FH : Falcon Heavy Demo : early 2018 : Discussion
« Reply #1260 on: 01/21/2018 11:11 PM »
welp, they got 2 options, either they continue WDRing ( no range needed), or they rollback and let everybody rest.
Or continue WDRing until everything looks perfect and then rollback and let some people rest and others get back to removing the RSS.
Space is not Highlander.  There can, and will, be more than one.

welp, they got 2 options, either they continue WDRing ( no range needed), or they rollback and let everybody rest.
Or continue WDRing until everything looks perfect and then rollback and let some people rest and others get back to removing the RSS.

Sounds like what they might do IMO. WDR the crap out of it, then give the poor thing a rest and work on the RSS and do some extreme data studying (New Olympic sport? :) ).
« Last Edit: 01/21/2018 11:41 PM by IanThePineapple »
Proud creator of Ian's Paper Model Rocket Collection:
https://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=42383.0

Offline Yeknom-Ecaps

• Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1262 on: 01/21/2018 11:49 PM »
Is there a list of the all of the dates that WDRs actually occurred on since FH was raised on the pad on the 9th?

Several "looks like" or "could be" entries in posts/observations.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:10 AM by Yeknom-Ecaps »

Online CameronD

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Norton Consultants
  • Liked: 402
  • Likes Given: 302
« Reply #1263 on: 01/21/2018 11:57 PM »

Sounds like what they might do IMO. WDR the crap out of it, then give the poor thing a rest and work on the RSS and do some extreme data studying (New Olympic sport? :) ).

There ARE risks (and costs) associated with WDRs, so I wouldn't expect them to do any more than they absolutely need to.  Better to give themselves a rest.. or study more data. :)

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine - however, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are
going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead.

Online yokem55

• Oregon (Ore-uh-gun dammit)
  • Liked: 268
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1264 on: Today at 12:58 AM »
He didn't say hire replacements, he said to pay the appropriate people.

Does SpaceX pay any fees anytime they launch, WDR or static fires?

I heard a campaign all in runs about 1.5mil in fees, but I have no source for that, nor any idea if it is more for more attempts, more WDRs etc...
Hang on, if SpaceX is paying fees to the range for their ops, why is the range affected by the shutdown? I thought that if an agency or activity is funded through user fees, it could continue to operate? Is too much of the overall funding of the range not from the commercial operator fees?

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 9882
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #1265 on: Today at 01:51 AM »
He didn't say hire replacements, he said to pay the appropriate people.

Does SpaceX pay any fees anytime they launch, WDR or static fires?

I heard a campaign all in runs about 1.5mil in fees, but I have no source for that, nor any idea if it is more for more attempts, more WDRs etc...
Hang on, if SpaceX is paying fees to the range for their ops, why is the range affected by the shutdown? I thought that if an agency or activity is funded through user fees, it could continue to operate? Is too much of the overall funding of the range not from the commercial operator fees?

User fees only funds an offset and not the greater portion

Tags: