International Space Flight (ESA, Russia, China and others) > Other Launchers (Korean, Brazilian etc.)

UAE space agency

(1/10) > >>

plutogno:
according to the French daily Le Monde, the United Arab Emirates are to set up their national space agency, aiming at sending a probe to Mars in 2021. UAE investments in space are said to be of the order of $4 billion
http://www.lemonde.fr/sciences/article/2014/07/16/les-emirats-arabes-unis-veulent-envoyer-une-sonde-sur-mars-en-2021_4458190_1650684.html

Lar:
Presumably they are going to use someone else's launcher rather than develop their own? Wonder who would be interested in the business?

majormajor42:

--- Quote from: Lar on 07/16/2014 05:12 PM ---Presumably they are going to use someone else's launcher rather than develop their own? Wonder who would be interested in the business?

--- End quote ---

Presumably so. I think that is the hope of many who might be selling.

Would they want their own launch facility? May have a suitable spots on the Gulf of Oman coast.

Isn't it the hope of companies such as Bigelow, that wealthy countries like the UAE will come to them for services? If a mission to Mars is about proving something (national/regional prestige?), does paying for someone else's rocket, at someone else's launch pad, to maybe one day go to someone else's station,... really that prestigious? I guess I'm hoping the answer is yes?

mrhuggy:
Well by the looks of it it's a falcon with 3 boosters and a Orion.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bI8rsM6Qvpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

majormajor42:

--- Quote from: mrhuggy on 07/17/2014 05:47 PM ---Well by the looks of it it's a falcon with 3 boosters and a Orion.

--- End quote ---

not crossfed but they do have legs!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version