Author Topic: SpaceX Falcon 9 - Iridium NEXT Flight 1 DISCUSSION (Jan. 14 2017)  (Read 339349 times)

Offline old_sellsword

• Liked: 531
  • Likes Given: 463
Will S2 conduct another engine firing to deorbit itself or will it keep going until its orbit decays on its own?

It will do a deobrit burn and splashdown in the southern Pacific, very near Antartica.

Online matthewkantar

• Liked: 545
  • Likes Given: 661
At the risk of being identified a pendant

No one wants you to risk becoming a piece of jewelry. Smily face.

Matthew
« Last Edit: 01/14/2017 05:58 PM by matthewkantar »

Offline Ben the Space Brit

• A spaceflight fan
  • London, UK
  • Liked: 662
  • Likes Given: 771
Just out of interest, where are the ground stations during this orbit? I'm guessing that they're out of range of Madagascar right now.
"Oops! I left the silly thing in reverse!" - Duck Dodgers

~*~*~*~

The Space Shuttle Program - 1981-2011

The time for words has passed; The time has come to put up or shut up!
DON'T PROPAGANDISE, FLY!!!

Online karki

• Liked: 46
  • Likes Given: 57
Just out of interest, where are the ground stations during this orbit? I'm guessing that they're out of range of Madagascar right now.

Not super surprised that the somalia/middle east coverage is spotty.

Online Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 412
  • Likes Given: 926
Anyone hear if the SECO-1 orbital parameters were announced? ~166x628km?
Attended space missions: STS-114, STS-124, STS-128, STS-135, Atlas V "Curiosity", Delta IV Heavy NROL-15, Atlas V MUOS-2, Delta IV Heavy NROL-37, Falcon 9 CRS-9, Falcon 9 JCSAT-16, Atlas V GOES-R, Falcon 9 SES-11, Falcon Heavy Demo.

Offline Alastor

• Liked: 148
  • Likes Given: 328
Is ZachS09 high ? He's calling out things that even People at misson control do not seem to know, in the updates ...

Offline old_sellsword

• Liked: 531
  • Likes Given: 463
Is ZachS09 high ? He's calling out things that even People at misson control do not seem to know, in the updates ...

He's guessing based on the timeline given. They're not real updates so I don't think they belong in the updates thread.

Offline Nomadd

• Boca Chica, Texas
  • Liked: 5382
  • Likes Given: 340
He likes to see himself post.

Offline Alastor

He's guessing based on the timeline given. They're not real updates so I don't think they belong in the updates thread.

Seems like Chris is in the process of correcting said posts to make correct use of hypothetical formulations. Much better !
« Last Edit: 01/14/2017 06:09 PM by Alastor »

Offline Jarnis

• Liked: 581
  • Likes Given: 159
Should never use such terms as "confirmed" when posting completely unconfirmed guesses based on pre-launch timeline.

Offline Greg Hullender

• Seattle
    • Rocket Stack Rank
  • Liked: 60
  • Likes Given: 72
He's a super-enthusiastic college kid. Give him a break.

Offline francesco nicoli

• Amsterdam
    • About Crises
  • Liked: 254
  • Likes Given: 369
does anyone have any clue about what kind of debris can be seen at T+5.35 (the landing sequence) on the left side of the screen? it looks like a solid piece flying away from the stage, it stays there for quite sometime going of its own downground and rotating on itself...

Offline llanitedave

• Nevada Desert
  • Liked: 1332
  • Likes Given: 1563

Nah, he needs to be broken, like the rest of us old cynics.
"I've just abducted an alien -- now what?"

Offline Alastor

It's not a problem of being enthousiastic. What we're calling him out on is making people believe that things have been confirmed to have happened when they actually haven't been confirmed.
It's bordeline an ethics question. People rely on us for actual information.
He should provide only information he actually has ! Otherwise he's missleading people !

Offline ZachS09

You're out of your mind. I do not do drugs or drink.
Because the Falcon Heavy Test Flight was successful, it has inspired thousands of people to consider changing the future of space travel.

Online matthewkantar

• Liked: 545
  • Likes Given: 661
John I photo bombing. "He's got legs!"

Matthew

Online meekGee

• N. California
  • Liked: 4753
  • Likes Given: 888
Jesus. A bit of proportion. It's happened before, it's a moderated forum, it's been fixed...

He's just a poster, so it's not an ethical problem any more than  any other industry insider that posts opinions as facts.

People are allowed to talk, and Chris B has to walk the line of keeping the site reputable.

In discussion threads, things usually self-moderate.  In update threads, the mods fix it.

And now, rockets.
ABCD - Always Be Counting Down

Offline Alastor

You're out of your mind. I do not do drugs or drink.

That's good to hear ! Please make proper use of conditionnals next time and all will be great !
You got me really confused for a moment as I couldn't say where you got your infos ...

Offline TheSpaceRod

• Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 2
does anyone have any clue about what kind of debris can be seen at T+5.35 (the landing sequence) on the left side of the screen? it looks like a solid piece flying away from the stage, it stays there for quite sometime going of its own downground and rotating on itself...

fairing?

Offline Hankelow8

• UK
  • Liked: 120
  • Likes Given: 40
obviously have been working on de-fogging the decent camera, clear picture all the way down.

Well this stage likely had a less rigorous decent regime than the GTO birds.

I believe all previous decent camera videos covered all types of decent regimes.

Tags: