Author Topic: VASIMR Engine  (Read 156259 times)

Offline corneliussulla

• Liked: 63
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: VASIMR Engine
« Reply #320 on: 08/25/2017 10:48 AM »
Anew book out written by Erik seedhouse and franklin chang Diaz. It has the upto date story on Vasimr and the upcoming 100 hr test which should lead to test in space by 2020.   https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mars-Beyond-Fast-Revolutionize-Exploration/dp/3319229176

Online Kryten

• Liked: 263
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #321 on: 10/25/2017 03:17 PM »
http://akaerospace.com/news/commercial-rocket-launches-coming-kodiak-island
Ad Astra, a Texas-based aerospace company specializing in advanced plasma rocket propulsion technology, is contracted to launch from PSCA in late January or early February, he said. He said Kodiak may see “robust activity” from the company moving forward.

Online A_M_Swallow

• Elite Veteran
  • South coast of England
  • Liked: 362
  • Likes Given: 157
« Reply #322 on: 10/25/2017 07:53 PM »
Ad Astra, a Texas-based aerospace company specializing in advanced plasma rocket propulsion technology, is contracted to launch from PSCA in late January or early February, he said. He said Kodiak may see “robust activity” from the company moving forward.

Have they got the right year on this launch?
The VASIMR 100 hour ground test is due in February 2018. The money for launch has to be acquired and construction of the propulsion module needs to occur.

Online john smith 19

• Everyplaceelse
  • Liked: 1210
  • Likes Given: 8212
« Reply #323 on: 11/05/2017 09:39 AM »

The VASIMR 100 hour ground test is due in February 2018. The money for launch has to be acquired and construction of the propulsion module needs to occur.
Indeed.

That timeline for 2018 only works out if the results have been very consistent and an investor group is happy to go ahead without it running to completion.

Which is a good investor to have, if you can find such people. They tend to be quite rare.
BFS. The worlds first Methane fueled FFORSC engined CFRP structured A380 sized aerospaceplane tail sitter capable of flying in Earth and Mars atmospheres. BFR. The worlds biggest Methane fueled FFORSC engined CFRP structured booster for BFS. First flight to Mars by end of 2022. Forward looking statements. T&C apply. Believe no one. Run your own numbers. So, you are going to Mars to start a better life? Picture it in your mind. Now say what it is out loud.

Offline Raj2014

• United Kingdom
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #324 on: 11/05/2017 05:01 PM »

Indeed.

That timeline for 2018 only works out if the results have been very consistent and an investor group is happy to go ahead without it running to completion.

Which is a good investor to have, if you can find such people. They tend to be quite rare.

So does they mean, Ad Astra will (finally) have V.A.S.I.M.R launched into space? I hope this is true.

Online john smith 19

• Everyplaceelse
  • Liked: 1210
  • Likes Given: 8212
« Reply #325 on: 11/05/2017 06:25 PM »

So does they mean, Ad Astra will (finally) have V.A.S.I.M.R launched into space? I hope this is true.
The implication is that yes they will launch something next year. Beyond that, who knows?
BFS. The worlds first Methane fueled FFORSC engined CFRP structured A380 sized aerospaceplane tail sitter capable of flying in Earth and Mars atmospheres. BFR. The worlds biggest Methane fueled FFORSC engined CFRP structured booster for BFS. First flight to Mars by end of 2022. Forward looking statements. T&C apply. Believe no one. Run your own numbers. So, you are going to Mars to start a better life? Picture it in your mind. Now say what it is out loud.

Offline Raj2014

• United Kingdom
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #326 on: 12/09/2018 12:02 AM »
I far I as I know, this is latest news for Ad Astra and VASIMR:

- Hydrogen bus has been researched and developed. Could be still researching and developing.
- Increase in funding from the Canadian Space Agency
- In the third year of the VASIMR - VX-200 SS engine.

Has there been any recent news? I have looked around.

Tags: