Author Topic: LIVE: SpaceX Falcon 9/Dragon COTS Demo (C2+) LAUNCH and FD1 UPDATES  (Read 180033 times)

Offline manboy

• Texas, USA, Earth
  • Liked: 134
  • Likes Given: 544
NASA is starting to upload photos of the launch (I hope they managed to get a few closer shots)

http://mediaarchive.ksc.nasa.gov/search.cfm?cat=225
"Cheese has been sent into space before. But the same cheese has never been sent into space twice." - StephenB

Offline Mapperuo

• Assistant Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Yorkshire
  • Liked: 533
  • Likes Given: 68
NASA is starting to upload photos of the launch (I hope they managed to get a few closer shots)

http://mediaarchive.ksc.nasa.gov/search.cfm?cat=225

I'm sure they did, Just need to head out to the launch pad to reclaim the cameras.
- Aaron

Offline Chris-A

• Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 33
Dragon deployment, one more set to go

Offline edfishel

• Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 66
I'd love to hear SpaceX talk about the role of John Muratore, the veteran NASA computer expert and troubleshooter, in preparing for this flight.  Wayne Hall has a very nice blog item about John posted at  http://waynehale.wordpress.com/ which was spotted by another NSF member a few days ago.

Offline Chris-A

• Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 33

Offline Halidon

• whereabouts unknown
  • Liked: 180
  • Likes Given: 527
Bolden live on CNN talking with their morning crew

Offline tigerade

• Low Earth Orbit
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 36
Good launch replay here with nice audio:

Offline Jorge

• Liked: 446
  • Likes Given: 50
Time to brave the mosquitos and go outside to look for the texas flyover. I'll be offline for about 20 minutes.

ISS flyover was reasonably bright, waiting for Dragon now.

Didn't see Dragon or the Falcon 9 second stage. Probably too much light pollution from where I am. Any better luck, JimO?
JRF

Online Chris Bergin

Here's the presser coming up.
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Online Chris Bergin

Big guns are out today.
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Online Chris Bergin

Offline manboy

• Texas, USA, Earth
  • Liked: 134
  • Likes Given: 544
Bill says a lot of positive things about SpaceX.
"Cheese has been sent into space before. But the same cheese has never been sent into space twice." - StephenB

Offline MP99

Gerst effusive!

cheers, Martin

Online Chris Bergin

Gerst notes he's worked with a lot of teams down at the Cape, but there are none better than SpaceX (ULA just fell off their chairs).

Alan is full of even bigger praise for SpaceX and seems very emotional. "There's still a 1000 things that need to go right".

Ms Shotwell is more reserved, but you can tell she's bursting! ;D We've got further than we did on the last flight. Got TDRSS pointing nominally.

Elon, looks emotionally worn out: Notes it's a tremendous honor to work with NASA. Three in a row shows it's a good solid rocket. Everything is looking really good with Dragon.

Offline RocketEconomist327

• Rocket Economist
  • Infecting the beltway with fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets.
  • Liked: 96
  • Likes Given: 62
Gerst notes he's worked with a lot of teams down at the Cape, but there are none better than SpaceX (ULA just fell off their chairs).
<snip>

That will be delivered to a few congressmen and women, personally.  I spit water when he said that.

Elon calls mission a success.

VR
RE327
You can talk about all the great things you can do, or want to do, in space; but unless the rocket scientists get a sound understanding of economics (and quickly), the US space program will never achieve the greatness it should.

Putting my money where my mouth is.

Offline rickl

• Pennsylvania, USA
  • Liked: 146
  • Likes Given: 150
I like how he compared the roles of government vs. commercial to the explosive growth of the internet in the 1990s.  (Started by government, then private industry took the ball.)
The Space Age is just starting to get interesting.

Online Chris Bergin

Questions.

To Elon on how he was feeling.

Elon: Every bit of adrenaline released in my body at launch. Was concerned about first stage after the abort, but worked really well. Notes the firsts. I feel very lucky.

More for Elon..asking about the cheers.

Elon: The team are seeing the fruit of their labors. So when it worked people saw their handy work in space and operating as it should.

Another question for Elon on private space.

Elon: Reminds him of the internet, where it started as government but went commercial and available to the mainstream.

Another for Elon - message for Congress who want to cut commecial crew.

Elon: I hope the success so far will dispell some of the doubts. Some people had legitiment concerns (if they are reasonable), but now we've had three successful flights of F9.

Another for Elon - any human remains on Dragon.

Elon: Not that he's aware.

Jay for Ms Shotwell on GNC door.

Ms Shotwell - attempting it earlier. Waiting for confirmation.

Offline Ben the Space Brit

• A spaceflight fan
  • London, UK
  • Liked: 796
  • Likes Given: 891
Elon looks half-dead. I'm betting that he has only had a few hours' sleep, max, since before the first launch attempt!

I did like Ms. Shotwell's little wave.
« Last Edit: 05/22/2012 09:50 am by Ben the Space Brit »
"Oops! I left the silly thing in reverse!" - Duck Dodgers

~*~*~*~

The Space Shuttle Program - 1981-2011

The time for words has passed; The time has come to put up or shut up!
DON'T PROPAGANDISE, FLY!!!

Offline Rex Chan

• Melbourne, Australia
    • Rex Chan's fb
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
What is celeste? (not sure about spelling).
Mech Eng graduate looking for a US company to work for, to get US citizenship, to work at SpaceX.

r.chan||murmotorsports.com

Offline corrodedNut

• Liked: 216
  • Likes Given: 133
They can't stop asking about Celestis. Little bit morbid.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography