Author Topic: LIVE: SpaceX Falcon 9/Dragon COTS Demo (C2+) LAUNCH and FD1 UPDATES  (Read 180026 times)

Offline ugordan

• My mainly Cassini image gallery
  • Liked: 3131
  • Likes Given: 685
Also, the 2nd stage burn at around 8:20 suddenly showed a much larger, blue-ish plume. Would this have been the point it came into sunlight?

Yes.

Offline wechose

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

great coverage NSF!

Shame about five people completely ignored the clear instructions about who was to cover this to MECO, so as to avoid multiple duplicates. That won't happen again.

Just so long as you always get to be the guy who always gets to type LAUNCH first Chris,that is what is really important.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
George Santayana.

Offline RocketEconomist327

• Rocket Economist
  • Infecting the beltway with fiscal responsibility, limited government, and free markets.
  • Liked: 96
  • Likes Given: 62
Congrats to Elon and SpaceX.  Congrats to NASA, the C3PO and COTS office.  And congrats to the tax payers.

Finally, congrats to NSF - best coverage period.

Everyone won today at life.

VR
RE327
You can talk about all the great things you can do, or want to do, in space; but unless the rocket scientists get a sound understanding of economics (and quickly), the US space program will never achieve the greatness it should.

Putting my money where my mouth is.

Offline Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1829
  • Likes Given: 948
Falcon 9 pics from 100 ml W ''was about like a -2 magnitude orange star; tracked for about 10 minutes''

https://twitter.com/#!/Astroguyz
« Last Edit: 05/22/2012 08:57 am by Ronsmytheiii »

Offline Chris-A

• Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 33

Offline paycom

• Germany
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 3
Coeliptic burn should be in process.

Offline Chris Bergin

great coverage NSF!

Shame about five people completely ignored the clear instructions about who was to cover this to MECO, so as to avoid multiple duplicates. That won't happen again.

Just so long as you always get to be the guy who always gets to type LAUNCH first Chris,that is what is really important.

Ha, that's not important. Just trying to avoid 15 people all posting "MaxQ" at the same time ;D
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline Ronsmytheiii

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1829
  • Likes Given: 948

Offline Chris Bergin

This Bolden speech might be fluffy.
« Last Edit: 05/22/2012 09:00 am by Chris Bergin »
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline JimO

• Veteran
  • Texas, USA
  • Liked: 481
  • Likes Given: 195
Time to brave the mosquitos and go outside to look for the texas flyover. I'll be offline for about 20 minutes.

Online Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 18536
  • Likes Given: 9839

great coverage NSF!

Ha, that's not important. Just trying to avoid 15 people all posting "MaxQ" at the same time ;D
Totally missed the instructions!!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

I guess I owe you, then.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Offline Chris Bergin

No biggy Chris, it's never personal, it's only ever about having a solid and flowing update thread.

And here's the General.

Offline Chris Bergin

Oh, it's not fluffy, it's live and not some pre-recorded happy clapping.

Notes they only have one way to get to the ISS. Shuttle retirement was difficult. Now on the brink of a new future, one on the shoulders of Gemini, Apollo, Shuttle.

Congrats to SpaceX and god speed Dragon.

Fair play!

Offline Chris Bergin

Making a big point of commercial LEO and NASA BEO.

"It's a great day for the world. People thought we had gone away. No, we haven't gone away."

Offline Chris Bergin

Next milestone is in an hour when the GNC door opens. Has to lock in place with a grapple bar for it to be able to be berthed by SSRMS.

Fluid mission overview. He's on form.

Offline Chris Bergin

"This is exciting stuff. This is why we in the space business get up in the morning. This is why you space reporters cover it. I hope you report victory and triumph."

Offline Chris Bergin

So we've still got the presser with Ms Shotwell and company to come I think.

Let's get to GNC door success and I'll get another article drafted.

Offline edfishel

• Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 66
Agreed, Chris. It was a pretty straightforward statement and comments essentially repeating the "partnership" between the SpaceX and NASA teams and the importance of commercial space providing low-income access to space so NASA can go do riskier ventures such as asteroids and Mars. I also was impressed by his detailed knowledge of the specifics of this flight.

Online Jorge

• Liked: 446
  • Likes Given: 50
Time to brave the mosquitos and go outside to look for the texas flyover. I'll be offline for about 20 minutes.

ISS flyover was reasonably bright, waiting for Dragon now.
JRF

Offline Nathan

• Sydney
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 3
Has the vehicle done the gps demo yet?
Given finite cash, if we want to go to Mars then we should go to Mars.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement SkyTale Software GmbH
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography