Author Topic: SpaceX complete PDR on LAS  (Read 53815 times)

Offline HIP2BSQRE

• Regular
  • Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 14
Re: SpaceX complete PDR on LAS
« Reply #160 on: 11/04/2011 04:37 pm »
"They said spherical tank!"
"Take a drink!"
The kids are excited and getting ready, so excuse my lapse *cough*...

They said tank! We have brew'd and hew'd and this Hallow the entrails are clear!  One tank to rule them all!!?? Could it be!? Can it be? Yes! Yes! It must be! NOFBX rulez!

Possibly.  But storable propellant vessels are the same size for both fuel and oxidizer.  So testing one vessel is all that is needed.

I saw a small dragon fly three times backwards around the Capitoline Hill so I am sure I'm right.  ;)

So do we have any ideas if SpaceX is talking 1 or more tanks???  When might we know or would that be proprietary info???

Offline butters

• Liked: 408
  • Likes Given: 154
Re: SpaceX complete PDR on LAS
« Reply #161 on: 11/04/2011 05:04 pm »
So do we have any ideas if SpaceX is talking 1 or more tanks???  When might we know or would that be proprietary info???

My understanding is that the Super Dracos are plumbed to the same tank sets as the Dracos and that the bounding case (pad abort) is covered by the existing propellant load. Currently they use NTO/MMH. There has been some speculation that SpaceX may be considering NOFBX for the future, but I think that would entail a fairly different engine design involving a catalytic bed gas generator and whatnot.

Tags: