Author Topic: Space Shuttle Launch Audio - play LOUD (no music) HD 1080p  (Read 19583 times)

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8133
  • Likes Given: 7424
This video recently surfaced on YouTube (4/28).  Made specifically for HD audio of a shuttle liftoff.  It's available at 1080p.

Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline Mark Dave

• Ruined
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
Awesome video there. :)

Offline tva

• Civil servant in the field of geomatics
  • Norway
  • Liked: 2
I wonder if there are any image taken from the ground avaiable where the plumes of the OMS engines firing during ascent are visible.
Rocky enthusiast
after Christer Fuglesang's mission
on STS-116

Online Chris Bergin

"Best when viewed......large" :D
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline jbirdav8r

• Liked: 15
  • Likes Given: 2
I wonder if there are any image taken from the ground avaiable where the plumes of the OMS engines firing during ascent are visible.

Start the video around the 3:14 mark and you can see the OMS assist start around 3:17 or so.

Offline tigerade

• Low Earth Orbit
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 36
Really cool.  Thanks for sharing.  ;D

Offline Cinder

• Liked: 229
  • Likes Given: 1077
What I've yet to see is good footage from the cockpit.  I imagine there's nowhere on the web that you can find that other than L2?
« Last Edit: 05/04/2011 09:19 pm by Cinder »
NEC ULTIMA SI PRIOR

Online catdlr

What I've yet to see is good footage from the cockpit.  I imagine there's nowhere on the web that you can only find that other than L2?

Better quality in-cabin ascent  footage of STS-122 is located in L2.  But on the public side, YouTube has a lower quality version of that.

« Last Edit: 05/04/2011 09:15 pm by catdlr »
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Online catdlr

And here is the STS-113 version "Space Shuttle cockpit during launch with internal comms!"on YouTube.

Offline psloss

• Veteran armchair spectator
  • Liked: 4045
  • Likes Given: 2087
What I've yet to see is good footage from the cockpit.  I imagine there's nowhere on the web that you can only find that other than L2?

Better quality in-cabin ascent  footage of STS-122 is located in L2.  But on the public side, YouTube has a lower quality version of that.
It's about like that on L2, at least so far -- in a very few cases, the video was released or broadcast with the intercom audio mixed in.  I don't think that system moved to HD, probably still NTSC.

Things happen quickly during powered flight, so there's no hand-held video, such as seen during some parts of re-entry prior to approach and land.

Offline Cinder

• Liked: 229
  • Likes Given: 1077
Re: Space Shuttle Launch Audio - play LOUD (no music) HD 1080p
« Reply #10 on: 05/04/2011 09:33 pm »
Thanks! :D
NEC ULTIMA SI PRIOR

Offline Aobrien

• Tampa, Florida
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #11 on: 05/04/2011 11:46 pm »
Very nice video allowing people to for once really get the feel of the sound you hear when you watch a launch in person. And some of the best HD launch footage I've seen.
NSF L2=The Ultimate Space Passport

Offline Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3578
  • Likes Given: 327
« Reply #12 on: 05/05/2011 12:22 am »
That was quite spectacular!

Offline Ford Mustang

• Live Coverage Editor
  • Global Moderator
  • Virginia
    • Astro95Media
  • Liked: 375
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #13 on: 05/05/2011 10:17 am »
That was awesome.  Gave me chills, reminded me of being at that countdown clock.  Great work.

Online catdlr

« Reply #14 on: 05/05/2011 07:23 pm »
I noticed that after watching the Video on 1080p that you can recover the video "Shuttle Launch HD Audio.mp4" file from the internet cache.  Most of us ready know that already, but at least we can keep your own copy and replay using your favorite MP4 player instead of the YouTube flash player.

Offline indiegun

• Liked: 0
« Reply #15 on: 06/27/2011 02:37 am »
This video recently surfaced on YouTube (4/28).  Made specifically for HD audio of a shuttle liftoff.  It's available at 1080p.

Hi - I'm the creator of the Shuttle Launch HD Audio video.  I just wanted to say thanks for posting it here.  I'm really pleased that it has been so well received.  My dad retired from the Rocketdyne SSME program so the Shuttle program is a huge part of my life.

I was really struck that NASA had not themselves posted a bit better audio of one of these incredible events.

I hope you've also had a chance to check out my Discovery roll-out video.  I made it a day or so after STS-133 liftoff.  (it includes that actual launch). 

Again - thanks for sharing my video with other like-minded people.  It makes me proud!

Offline msc

• Columbus, Ohio
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #16 on: 06/27/2011 01:58 pm »
Gorgeous!  Thanks for posting that!!

Offline Orbiter

• Florida
  • Liked: 1548
  • Likes Given: 1385
« Reply #17 on: 06/27/2011 02:19 pm »
indiegun, pure genius. I've always had a liking for John Williams music, given how beautifully he crafted the famous Star Wars movies soundtracks.

Orbiter
KSC Engineer, astronomer, rocket photographer.

Offline indiegun

• Liked: 0
« Reply #18 on: 06/27/2011 03:24 pm »
Thanks for the kind words.  Mr. Williams has been one of my greatest creative influences in life.  A week before Discovery's last launch I stumbled on this piece in my I-tunes library.  The title caught my eye and the music seems to have been written for the Shuttle.  Serendipity!

Online Chris Bergin

Great opening post indiegun! Welcome to the site's forum :)
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography