Author Topic: Investing in space technology  (Read 1294 times)

Offline manlymatt83

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Investing in space technology
« on: 04/06/2011 07:22 AM »
Hi all,

I've been looking into investing into space technology, and so far have found companies that are public like Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB).  Are there other public companies that help NASA and/or the private sector with regards to launching space vehicles into orbit, so that I can also look into them?

Much appreciated!

Offline mlorrey

• International Spaceflight Museum
  • Grantham, NH
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Investing in space technology
« Reply #1 on: 04/07/2011 04:36 AM »
Hi all,

I've been looking into investing into space technology, and so far have found companies that are public like Orbital Sciences Corp (ORB).  Are there other public companies that help NASA and/or the private sector with regards to launching space vehicles into orbit, so that I can also look into them?

Much appreciated!

United Launch Alliance is a joint venture of Lockheed and Boeing, both of which are publicly traded companies.

Virgin Galactic is a subsidiary of Virgin Group, which is also publicly traded.

EADS is the major european space company, they do have some NASA contracts but are also in some other joint ventures and are a major ESA contractor. They are also public.
VP of International Spaceflight Museum - http://ismuseum.org
Founder, Lorrey Aerospace, B&T Holdings, ACE Exchange, and Hypersonic Systems. Currently I am a venture recruiter for Family Office Venture Capital.

Tags: