Author Topic: MISSE-X: An ISS External Platform for Space Environmental Studies  (Read 1795 times)

Offline rdale

• Assistant to the Chief Meteorologist
  • Lansing MI
  • Liked: 240
  • Likes Given: 27
Materials International Space Station Experiment-X (MISSE-X) is a   
proposed International Space Station (ISS) external platform for space environmental studies designed to advance the technology readiness of materials and devices critical for future space exploration. The MISSE-X platform will expand ISS utilization by providing experimenters with unprecedented low-cost space access and return on investment (ROI). As a follow-on to the highly successful MISSE series of ISS experiments, MISSE-X will provide advances over the original MISSE configurations including incorporation of plug-and-play experiments that will minimize return mass requirements in the post-Shuttle era, improved active sensing and monitoring of the ISS external environment for better characterization of environmental effects, and expansion of the MISSE-X user community through incorporation of new, customer-desired capabilities. MISSE-X will also foster interest in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in primary and secondary schools through student collaboration and participation.

http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20110008059_2011008846.pdf

Offline Space Pete

I haven't been able to access the NTRS servers for months now. Is anyone else having this trouble?
« Last Edit: 04/03/2011 06:50 PM by Space Pete »
NASASpaceflight ISS Editor

Offline Joris

• Liked: 19
  • Likes Given: 2
I haven't been able to access the NTRS servers for months now. Is anyone else having this trouble?

Yep,

but I'm able to open a document sporadically and managed to open it on the third attempt.
JIMO would have been the first proper spaceship.

Offline arkaska

• Sweden
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0

Works fine for me

Offline AnalogMan

• Cambridge, UK
  • Liked: 742
  • Likes Given: 23

Works fine for me

Works for me too (from the UK) - However, I did have problems this morning when all NTRS links I tried gave a 'forbidden access' error page.  I normally never have any problems.

Offline savuporo

• Liked: 981
  • Likes Given: 343
New iteration of FTSCE seems to be in as well, cool.
Orion - the first and only manned not-too-deep-space craft

Tags: