Author Topic: Air Force Space Organizations Through the Years  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 11259
  • Likes Given: 333
Air Force Space Organizations Through the Years
« on: 02/02/2011 12:10 PM »
I tried to condense the Air Force space organizations evolution into a few charts.  I grouped the changes by decades for simplicity even though some changes occur in the middle of the decade and sometimes there was multiple changes within a decade.

Take for what it is worth. 

Online Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 2969
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Air Force Space Organizations Through the Years
« Reply #1 on: 02/02/2011 02:15 PM »
Did you draw this in PowerPoint?  Just the other day I was creating a similar flow-chart to illustrate the different chapters in an upcoming report.  What a PITA to draw it in PowerPoint!  There _must_ be a convenient piece of software out there that lets you draw flowcharts without having to draw each specific box and arrow.

Anyway, my suggestion is to switch to a vertical layout rather than horizontal.  That may help you with the multiple pages.  You could also play around with the page dimensions, draw it on a larger vertical page, then use reduce when you go to print or convert to pdf.

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
« Reply #2 on: 02/02/2011 02:22 PM »
Did you draw this in PowerPoint?  Just the other day I was creating a similar flow-chart to illustrate the different chapters in an upcoming report.  What a PITA to draw it in PowerPoint!  There _must_ be a convenient piece of software out there that lets you draw flowcharts without having to draw each specific box and arrow.

Anyway, my suggestion is to switch to a vertical layout rather than horizontal.  That may help you with the multiple pages.  You could also play around with the page dimensions, draw it on a larger vertical page, then use reduce when you go to print or convert to pdf.

Yes, it is in PPT.  There is a flowcharting software package ( igrafx flowcharter) but it was on my work computer.  Maybe I can convert it while I travel.  Then I will make a flow for each organization and  put in the intermediate changes.

Offline Jester

• Administrator
  • SpaceShip Earth
  • Liked: 3606
  • Likes Given: 124
« Reply #3 on: 02/02/2011 02:30 PM »
I use visio, still a PITA but slightly quicker.

back on-topic, Thanks, this is very enlightening structure of the USAF side of things, saves much reading !
« Last Edit: 02/02/2011 02:30 PM by Jester »

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
« Reply #4 on: 03/28/2011 02:01 PM »
How is this?  I used igrafx flowcharter.
« Last Edit: 03/28/2011 02:01 PM by Jim »

Tags: