Author Topic: I am searching referees for my book about the Space Shuttle  (Read 913 times)

Offline sivodave

• Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello all.

How are you? Hope this is the right section of the forum to post this thread.

I was wondering if I could disturb you with one request.  First I want to introduce better myself. I am an aerospace engineer (bachelor and master degree) and I am at the moment working for an European airline called Ryanair. I am currently based in Scotland (UK) where I provide engineering and technical support for the heavy maintenance of airline aircraft fleet.
I am currently trying to write a book about the Space Shuttle. The idea behind my project is to cover the gap between the basic books about the Space Shuttle’s Story and the Space Shuttle’s technical manuals. The main goal of the book is to provide an easy-to-read description of this incredible machine, guiding the reader inside the deepest part of the Space Shuttle system, in order to see what lies “behind the scenes”. Through many pictures and technical drawings, the reader will be able to understand in detail the functioning of the machine, without complicated technical jargon.

I have submitted this project to a publishing house and they have shown some interested in it so they have asked me to provide them some more information. They also want me to find at least 5 referees to which send the draft copies of the chapters I have untill now written.

Bottom line I would like to ask you if someone of you would be available for this role. I am in particular interested in who  of you have worked for the Space Shuttle Program or that at least have an engineering background such that they  could understand about space systems and spaceflight dynamics.

If you need more information for evaluating by request, I will be glad to give you more details (via private message only)
Hoping to hear from all you soon, I thank you for your attention.

Best regards
Davide

Offline Svetoslav

• Veteran
  • Bulgaria
  • Liked: 560
  • Likes Given: 72
I don't have technical background (B.Sc. in Molecular Biology and currently mastering another biological discipline).

But I've already published an online book (in Bulgarian ; ISBN: 978-954-497-010-9 e-Knigi publishing house ). I do believe I have the knowledge to review your book and decide whether it's suitable for publication or not.

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 11186
  • Likes Given: 331
I don't have technical background (B.Sc. in Molecular Biology and currently mastering another biological discipline).

Then again he thinks the current shuttle delays are intentional and due to people trying to keep their jobs.

Offline Svetoslav

• Veteran
  • Bulgaria
  • Liked: 560
  • Likes Given: 72
"Thinks" isn't the same meaning as "I have proof".

This is a thought I already shared in a different forum (not here as the rules here don't permit it). And even on this forum I already stated in my very first post that "I don't have a direct proof this really happens since I haven't talked to people involved in the program, or I don't have documents supporting this thing."

Tags: