Author Topic: NASA/OCT Released Technology Roadmaps  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Starlab90

• Huntsville, AL
  • Liked: 337
  • Likes Given: 42
NASA/OCT Released Technology Roadmaps
« on: 12/04/2010 12:35 AM »
http://www.nasa.gov/offices/oct/home/roadmaps/index.html

The NASA Office of Chief Technologist has released 14 draft technology roadmaps, available at the above link. Through a cooperative effort with the National Research Council, the public will have an opportunity to comment through a link given at the above site.

Offline alexw

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NASA/OCT Released Technology Roadmaps
« Reply #1 on: 12/04/2010 01:12 AM »
Jawdropping.

Not easy to make heads and tails of the tech->flightdemo roadmaps ... but these people look serious.

Thank you for posting this.
    -Alex

Online Chris Bergin

« Reply #2 on: 12/04/2010 01:43 AM »
There's some serious weekend reading there! :)

Amazing NASA don't push these things, as I don't think many of us would have spotted their publication without pointers.

This thread can stay on general, but if anyone feels there's a valid split (like the HLV section etc.) feel free to link up specific presentations and start a new thread, linking back to this one.

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 8515
  • Likes Given: 5558
« Reply #3 on: 12/04/2010 06:26 AM »
I'm glad they mentioned high-specific-power solar arrays (500-1000W/kg). Those are important, and have a much higher potential performance/cost ratio than any other power source by far.
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

Online KelvinZero

• Liked: 604
  • Likes Given: 159
« Reply #4 on: 12/04/2010 10:57 AM »
Jawdropping.

Not easy to make heads and tails of the tech->flightdemo roadmaps ... but these people look serious.

Thank you for posting this.
    -Alex

Ditto :)

I definitely intend to give the Human Exploration Destination Systems a good read. In the end this is what it is about.

Offline Starlab90

• Huntsville, AL
  • Liked: 337
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #5 on: 12/04/2010 03:50 PM »
There's some serious weekend reading there! :)

Amazing NASA don't push these things, as I don't think many of us would have spotted their publication without pointers.

You know, I shouldn't say things about my employer, but I have seen this sort of thing happen over and over, and I don't understand it.

We mark documents "Approved for Public Release", and we either don't release them, or we bury them several pages down in the web site where most people won't find them. The only excuse I can think of in this case is that maybe OCT was expecting NRC to do all the publicity....

Offline spacermase

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: 12/04/2010 07:13 PM »
Huh, looks like they might be bringing back the Breakthrough Propulsion lab in some form or another.  Interesting.

Tags: