Author Topic: STS-135 Processing Latest (OPF to VAB Flow)  (Read 180316 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

Re: STS-135 Processing Latest (OPF to VAB Flow)
« Reply #360 on: 05/29/2011 12:35 AM »
Full processing, launch date, pre-rollout and upcoming FRR and Tanking Test schedule article via L2:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2011/05/sts-135-atlantis-preparing-rollout-amid-pride-disappointment/

Includes Mike Leinbach saying it how it is, despite the recent blog surge on how amazingly wonderful everything is about the transition.

Offline cd-slam

• Singapore
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #361 on: 05/29/2011 12:56 AM »
Thanks for the article Chris!

Word count: "final" = 3; "end"/"ends" = 4; "last" = 1 :(

Epic photo of Kwatsi Alibaruho! 8)

Offline wjbarnett

• Not enough time to do this
  • Liked: 25
  • Likes Given: 902
« Reply #362 on: 05/29/2011 01:01 AM »
Thanks Chris - good article if so very hard to see "final" so many times :(
« Last Edit: 05/29/2011 01:02 AM by wjbarnett »
Jack
Twitter: wjackbarnett

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #363 on: 05/29/2011 02:27 AM »
Thanks Jack, and CD - and that's a big copy that on Mr Alibaruho! And that para links to the article where he wrote an Adama style rallying speech. The man is EPIC in a tidy suit! :)

I'll link it here:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2010/02/endeavour-on-track-alibaruho-rallies-troops-adama-style-address/

Offline jkumpire

• Liked: 14
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #364 on: 05/29/2011 11:31 AM »
Chris, or anyone else who can do it:

Can anyone post Mike Leinbach's remarks here? It's about time somebody spoke the unvarnished truth about this mess in NASA from somebody inside NASA (oops, looks like it might be time for L2).
« Last Edit: 05/29/2011 11:34 AM by jkumpire »

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #365 on: 05/29/2011 07:15 PM »
Chris, or anyone else who can do it:

Can anyone post Mike Leinbach's remarks here? It's about time somebody spoke the unvarnished truth about this mess in NASA from somebody inside NASA (oops, looks like it might be time for L2).

While it's always time for L2 (;)), the comments came back from a couple of the guys we know who were in the Firing Room when he said it and posted it as part of a review of the Sim on L2. Because of that, it's impossible to get word for word quotes and thus I could only go as far as what I wrote by way of paraphrasing, as much as we know he said the line I used.

We're hoping someone had a camera phone or camcorder running due to the historic nature, then we'll transcribe it.

Mr Leinbach's brilliant, and has never made a secret about how the orbiters are retiring way before their end date.
« Last Edit: 05/29/2011 07:15 PM by Chris Bergin »

Offline MadameConcorde

• The sky is my home
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #366 on: 05/30/2011 10:05 AM »
Mr Leinbach's brilliant, and has never made a secret about how the orbiters are retiring way before their end date.

Absolutely.

For me it is Concorde retirement replay once more, thinking how these Ships could go many more flights.
For once you have tasted Concorde you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #367 on: 05/31/2011 02:26 PM »
I'll be writing up another rollout specific article for later, as much as the current STS-135 is a big update article, and start the new coverage thread at that time.

Tags: