Author Topic: China can't stop India's missile system  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Quindar

• Upper California
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 54
Re: China can't stop India's missile system
« Reply #1 on: 01/15/2009 12:35 PM »
Interesting read, a little disturbing, but thanks for posting. I was not aware of the extent of this particular strategic gamesmanship dynamic in the region. 
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...

Offline MartianBase

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: 01/15/2009 12:44 PM »
terrible article packed with inaccuracies, I've seen the way India works and they haven't got even got a proper MBT before we even start talking about this  hypothetical French/Israeli starwars stuff up for sale

not to mention the fact Peter has painted a extremely incorrect political picture (India like Pakistan is also a reluctant ally, India is a former USSR stooge, they contributed nothing to the war in iraq and still buy mostly Russian weapons)

With global stocks tanking Peter J Brown must have shares in some HK defense company and he wants to up the anti, and make some money by spinning yarns.

Offline khallow

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #3 on: 01/15/2009 05:17 PM »
terrible article packed with inaccuracies, I've seen the way India works and they haven't got even got a proper MBT before we even start talking about this  hypothetical French/Israeli starwars stuff up for sale.

Excuse me, but what does "MBT" mean here?
Karl Hallowell

Offline imcub

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #4 on: 01/15/2009 06:23 PM »
terrible article packed with inaccuracies, I've seen the way India works and they haven't got even got a proper MBT before we even start talking about this  hypothetical French/Israeli starwars stuff up for sale.

Excuse me, but what does "MBT" mean here?

Perhaps - Main Battle Tank

Offline madscientist197

• Regular
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: 01/16/2009 01:39 PM »
Not to mention the fact Peter has painted a extremely incorrect political picture (India like Pakistan is also a reluctant ally, India is a former USSR stooge, they contributed nothing to the war in iraq and still buy mostly Russian weapons)

The article may not be that accurate, but I would seriously argue against the stooge comment. India has an independent foreign policy and it is just as easy to argue that the US has (perhaps unsensibly) favoured Pakistan over India, depite India being the world's largest democracy (abeit seriously corrupt).
« Last Edit: 01/16/2009 01:41 PM by madscientist197 »
John

Tags: