Author Topic: Aviation Week Cape Canaveral bureau closed - Craig Covault  (Read 5714 times)

Offline brihath

• Liked: 18
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Aviation Week Cape Canaveral bureau closed - Craig Covault
« Reply #20 on: 01/14/2009 05:37 PM »
Well, that is good news.  I have subscribed to Aviation Week since 1981 and enjoyed the detail and accuracy of the articles Craig contributed.  I firmly believe that McGraw Hill made a HUGE mistake in cutting him loose.  His departure will figure prominently in my decision not to renew my subscription to AvWeek this year.  It is bad enough that the quality of their reporting has gone downhill, as well as the overall content level, but cutting Craig loose was the final nail in the coffin.

I have several copies of AvWeek that I saved over the years that I treasure- the STS 1 Inaugural Flight edition, the Challenger accident coverage, and the issue where Craig trained in both the US EMU and the Russian Orlan suits and noted the good and bad points of each.

Good luck Craig.  It is good to see you land on your feet so quickly.  AvWeek's loss is Spaceflightnow's gain.

Offline STS Tony

• Extreme Veteran
  • Los Angeles
  • Liked: 29
  • Likes Given: 64
Re: Aviation Week Cape Canaveral bureau closed - Craig Covault
« Reply #21 on: 01/14/2009 05:57 PM »
" Craig will further strengthen Spaceflight Now's unrivaled coverage of the space program. "

That's the funniest thing I've ever read.

They didn't say anything about the US space program. Probably some form of legal disclaimer for taking out of their asses.

Online Chris Bergin

Biting my lip on the comment above, but people who want news, know where to go to get the news. So, I wish Craig all the best, as I'm sure we all do....and thread locked.
« Last Edit: 01/14/2009 06:18 PM by Chris Bergin »

Tags: