Author Topic: Spaceflight Magazine  (Read 125914 times)

Offline daedalus1

• uk
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Spaceflight Magazine
« Reply #220 on: 01/03/2019 04:59 pm »
Star 1. Point me to a decent article about SpaceX. There are many about SLS which won't fly till 2021. SpaceX is flying and destroying the competition with reusable boosters that the establishment said wouldn't work. Just for that there should be much interest in this magazine.

Online Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 3194
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #221 on: 01/03/2019 05:06 pm »
Star 1. Point me to a decent article about SpaceX. There are many about SLS which won't fly till 2021. SpaceX is flying and destroying the competition with reusable boosters that the establishment said wouldn't work. Just for that there should be much interest in this magazine.

Is it hard to find SpaceX information on the interwebs? You realize that the subject of spaceflight includes a lot more than just one company launching rockets, right?

As Shakespeare said: Expand thy horizons, dude.

Offline daedalus1

• uk
« Reply #222 on: 01/03/2019 05:13 pm »
Blackstar you shouldn't be so condescending.
Of course I get my news from all sorts of places. But the point of my original comment was that I no longer buy this magazine as it seems to ignore SpaceX.

Online Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 3194
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #223 on: 01/03/2019 06:47 pm »
Blackstar you shouldn't be so condescending.
Of course I get my news from all sorts of places. But the point of my original comment was that I no longer buy this magazine as it seems to ignore SpaceX.

If all you want is SpaceX, then all you need is Elon's Twitter feed. But there's more going on in space than SpaceX.

Offline daedalus1

• uk
« Reply #224 on: 01/03/2019 06:59 pm »
Blackstar you are simply not understanding my point. I want a balanced view of everything spaceflight related. Spaceflight magazine simply does not provide that, as I have explained.

Offline Star One

• UK
  • Liked: 2034
  • Likes Given: 208
« Reply #225 on: 01/03/2019 08:03 pm »
Blackstar you are simply not understanding my point. I want a balanced view of everything spaceflight related. Spaceflight magazine simply does not provide that, as I have explained.

And we have explained to you it does. You’re the one with the narrow take on the space industry not the magazine.

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 3786
  • Likes Given: 209
« Reply #226 on: 01/15/2019 09:41 am »
SpaceFlight Vol 61 No 02 – February 2019

Satellites, lightning trackers and space robots
Space historian Gerard van de Haar FBIS has researched the plethora of European payloads carried to the International Space Station by SpaceX Dragon capsules. He describes the wide range of scientific and technical experiments supporting a wide range of research initiatives.

In search of a role
Former scientist and spacecraft engineer Dr Bob Parkinson MBE, FBIS takes us back to the origins of the International Space Station and explains his own role in helping to bring about a British contribution – only to see it migrate to an unmanned environmental monitoring platform.

Shake, rattle and Rolex
On the 100th anniversary of the company’s birth, Philip Corneille traces the international story behind a range of Rolex watches used by astronauts and cosmonauts in training and in space, plus one that made it to the Moon.

Reach for the Skyrora
Ken MacTaggart FBIS tracks down the company building the first domestic UK satellite launcher in 50 years and explains how it can revolutionise low-cost services for small satellites, as well as igniting a resurgence in rocket development.

https://www.bis-space.com/eshop/products-page-3/magazines/spaceflight/spaceflight-2019/spaceflight-vol-61-no-02-february-2019/

Offline jacqmans

• Global Moderator
  • Houten, The Netherlands
  • Liked: 3786
  • Likes Given: 209
« Reply #227 on: 02/09/2019 11:07 am »
SpaceFlight Vol 61 No 03 – March 2019

From Imagination to Reality
Noted amateur astronomer and writer Chris Starr reviews the outstanding extended mission of NASA's New Horizons as it conducts a flyby
of another Kuiper Belt object – the mysteriously shaped Ultima Thule.

Getting the Measure of Mercury
From the US, Dwayne A. Day reveals the persistent attempts of planetary scientists to attract more attention to the exploration of the planet Mercury – an endeavour in which they haven't always succeeded!

Apollo 9 – Dancing in the Dark
SpaceFlight Editor David Baker revisits the critical days in March 1969 when NASA first tested the Lunar Module with astronauts – one
of the most complex and demanding operations so far in the race to the Moon.

Out of the Shadows
Writer and award-winning space historian Francis French describes what it was like to find an unpublished memoir from an astronaut on NASA’s first crewed Apollo flight and how it came to be turned into a book.

https://www.bis-space.com/eshop/products-page-3/magazines/spaceflight/spaceflight-2019/spaceflight-vol-61-no-03-march-2019/
« Last Edit: 02/20/2019 01:37 pm by jacqmans »

Tags: