Author Topic: United Launch Alliance announces Leadership Changes at the Cape involving Navarro, Jamison  (Read 1089 times)

Offline Chris Bergin

See attached:

Offline edkyle99

• Expert
    • Space Launch Report
  • Liked: 3991
  • Likes Given: 758
Hmmm.  It doesn't sound like ULA is ready to give up the medium launch market to others (e.g. OSC Taurus II and/or ATK "Athena III") just yet.  *How* is the question - especially since RS-27A production, etc., has reportedly ceased.

"Navarro fills a newly created position executing ULA’s critical strategic business strategy of remaining the leader in the medium launch market for current and future Delta II program business. .... He will also ensure the Delta II is positioned to be the most cost effective and reliable medium class launch vehicle."

- Ed Kyle

Offline Jim

• Night Gator
  • Cape Canaveral Spaceport
  • Liked: 11186
  • Likes Given: 331
I don't see it that way.  

Boeing had DII and DIV managers, ULA collapsed them into one.  Now, DII is flying out and they assign a launch base person to manage the program.  The launch base is where most of the labor and costs reside.

Offline edkyle99

• Expert
    • Space Launch Report
  • Liked: 3991
  • Likes Given: 758
Jim - 23/1/2008  10:16 AM

I don't see it that way.  

Boeing had DII and DIV managers, ULA collapsed them into one.  Now, DII is flying out and they assign a launch base person to manage the program.  The launch base is where most of the labor and costs reside.

O.K.  I can believe that.  

ULA has about 21 more Delta II vehicles available by my count.  I'm not sure if every single one has garnered a payload, but the program now clearly requires more "flying" than "selling".   Putting an old McDonnell Douglas guy in charge for the final run is a nice step that will probably be good for morale.

- Ed Kyle

Tags: