Video of Falcao-II (2013) launch from Alcantara, Brazil on August 8.
http://www.mda.mil/news/13news0007.htmlSep 10, FTO-01 missile defense test. From this and other sources I gather:
- launch of eMRBM target airdrop from C17 north of Wake I. eMRBM is a Lockheed Martin target with
two SR-19 solid motors and the avionics/other systems from their Trident-based LV-2.
- launch of a medium range ballistic missile target from a surface pad at Wake I. Seems likely to be one of the
(several) other variants of a double SR-19, but I haven't found evidence for what it was. Five dual-SR-19 class
vehicles were launched from Wake in the 1999-2004 period, but the only launch since then was a small Terrier Oriole.
- launch of an Aegis SM-3-1A from the USS Decatur, intercepting the second target
- launch of two THAAD missiles from Meck Island on Kwajalein Atoll, the first intercepting the eMRBM's reentry vehicle
and the second used as a backup for the other target, not needed as the Aegis succeeded.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-09/15/c_132721951.htmIndia testfires nuclear capable Agni-V intercontinental ballistic missile
NEW DELHI, Sept. 15 (Xinhua) -- India Sunday testfired its home- made, nuclear capable Agni-V intercontinental ballistic missile from Wheeler Island off the coast of the eastern state of Odisha, sources said.
''The missile, which can hit targets up to 5,000 km, was launched at around 8.45 a.m. local time. This was in fact the second launch since the longest-range missile was developed by the state-owned Defense Research Development Organization,'' the sources said.
Top military officials witnessed the launch of the missile which is hailed as a giant leap in India's defense capabilities.
Video of the FTM-21 Aegis test, nicknamed Stellar Ninja
A Minuteman-III was launched on September 22 from Vandenberg AFB.
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile was launched during an operational test at 3:01 a.m. here Sunday from Launch Facility-10 on north Vandenberg.
Col. Keith Balts, 30th Space Wing commander, was the launch decision authority.
"Our mission partners in the 576th Flight Test Squadron have a big footprint here at Vandenberg," said Balts. "We support several of their test launches each year as they help keep our Nation's critical system ready to support national security."
For information about the results of the flight test, call Air Force Global Strike Command Public Affairs at (318) 456-1305 or after hours at (318) 456-7242.
The next test launch of the Minuteman III from Vandenberg is scheduled for Sept. 26.
A Minuteman-III was launched on September 22 from Vandenberg AFB.
VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. -- An unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile was launched during an operational test at 3:01 a.m. here Sunday from Launch Facility-10 on north Vandenberg.
Col. Keith Balts, 30th Space Wing commander, was the launch decision authority.
"Our mission partners in the 576th Flight Test Squadron have a big footprint here at Vandenberg," said Balts. "We support several of their test launches each year as they help keep our Nation's critical system ready to support national security."
For information about the results of the flight test, call Air Force Global Strike Command Public Affairs at (318) 456-1305 or after hours at (318) 456-7242.
Lompoc newspaper says launch was a success, but the Wall Street Journal says that Vandenberg had yet to confirm
Ed Kyle
Thanks Satori. Looks like the vehicle became unstable during first stage flight, the second stage broke off, the first stage veered off course, and then the second ignited pointing in the wrong direction.
Thanks Satori. Looks like the vehicle became unstable during first stage flight, the second stage broke off, the first stage veered off course, and then the second ignited pointing in the wrong direction.
Official press release from Andoya Rocket Range:
http://www.rocketrange.no/?p=1719