Author Topic: Is this where many of the sci.space.* people have migrated to?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline sfjcody

• Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Have started trying to read usenet again (after several years away) and it looks as if the s/n ratio has deteriorated there...

Offline hyper_snyper

• Elite Veteran
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 18
I don't really read usenet but I can tell you the s/n ratio here is pretty damn high.  :)  Welcome.

Offline Maverick

• Newcastle, England - UK
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 24
Certainly is where some of us came to. Never looked back. This place is awesome. LOTs of NASA people here, strong moderation against noise. Brillaint main writer (Chris) http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/ - check out the articles, always exclusives, driven by a fracking amazing L2.

You won't look back either.

Offline Lee Jay

• Elite Veteran
  • Global Moderator
  • Liked: 981
  • Likes Given: 140
Maverick - 11/12/2007  3:48 PM

Certainly is where some of us came to. Never looked back. This place is awesome. LOTs of NASA people here, strong moderation against noise. Brillaint main writer (Chris) http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/ - check out the articles, always exclusives, driven by a fracking amazing L2.

You won't look back either.

Yeah...what he said.

Offline meiza

• Expert
  • Where Be Dragons
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 3
There's still some very good (and fun!) stuff in the usenet sci.space.* groups at times, I just find myself not wanting to do all the digging through the spams and pointless flames and debates.
All the kill-filing in the world isn't enough in getting rid of all the unwanted stuff there.

Here the moderation works so well and there are so many smart wise and nice people that it's much better.

But usenet still has its place.

Tags: