Author Topic: Lockheed Martin awarded a $1,36 Billion contract for GPS IIIF SV 11 & 12  (Read 801 times)

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 1048
  • Likes Given: 512
I've seen press stories on the subject but can't find a thread on the details.  If I missed it please move...

Lockheed Martin Corp., Littleton, Colorado, has been awarded a $1,362,089,314 contract for GPS IIIF Space Vehicles 11 and 12. This contract provides for the non-recurring engineering, space vehicle test bed and simulators, and production of GPS IIIF Space Vehicles 11 and 12 as well as options for the production of up to 22 GPS III Space Vehicles, Space Vehicle storage, and launch and on-orbit support. Work will be performed in Littleton, Colorado, and is expected to be completed by Aug. 31, 2027. This award is the result of a competitive acquisition with one solicitation mailed and one proposal received. Fiscal 2018 research, development, test and evaluation funds in the amount of $10,152,000 are being obligated at the time of award. The Space and Missile System Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, California, is the contracting activity (FA8807-18-C-0009).
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline speedevil

• Fife
  • Liked: 1766
  • Likes Given: 2143
I've seen press stories on the subject but can't find a thread on the details.  If I missed it please move...

Lockheed Martin Corp., Littleton, Colorado, has been awarded a $1,362,089,314 contract for GPS IIIF Space Vehicles 11 and 12. This contract provides for the non-recurring engineering, space vehicle test bed and simulators, and production of GPS IIIF Space Vehicles 11 and 12 as well as options for the production of up to 22 GPS III Space Vehicles, Space Vehicle storage, and launch and on-orbit support. Work will be performed in Littleton, Colorado, and is expected to be completed by Aug. 31, 2027. This award is the result of a competitive acquisition with one solicitation mailed and one proposal received. Fiscal 2018 research, development, test and evaluation funds in the amount of $10,152,000 are being obligated at the time of award. The Space and Missile System Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, California, is the contracting activity (FA8807-18-C-0009).

Is this a billion up-front, for two launched, and test equipment, with an option for up to 10 billion for 22 satellites?
« Last Edit: 09/27/2018 12:01 pm by speedevil »

Offline TripleSeven

• Istanbul turkey
  • Liked: 323
  • Likes Given: 1381
these are essential in so many ways...from the ATC upgrade to military operations...

Tags: