Author Topic: Tropical storm Gordon  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 1053
  • Likes Given: 513
Tropical storm Gordon
« on: 09/04/2018 07:16 am »
Naval Oceanographic Office 15 hrs · Facebook

UPDATE from Capt. Piret:

"Guidance for tomorrow, Tuesday, 4 Sept., is as follows:
1. Stennis Space Center remains at COR IV - regular hours.
2. NAVO will begin the day with regular work hours and focus on any remaining required storm preparations.
3. Recognizing that each of our living situations is unique, and many of us have school age children, liberal leave is authorized to tend to those responsibilities.

As always, your safety is our first and foremost concern. Make sure you communicate your intentions to your supervisor so we can account for everyone and identify where we can help each other.

As we take care of business, make our preparations, and prioritize our mission responsibilities, we’ll keep everyone posted, and ensure that each of us returns home safely tomorrow, well ahead of any severe weather."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The National Weather Service has issued a tropical storm warning for Tropical Storm Gordon for Stennis Space Center and the surrounding areas. Employees should monitor local news for updates on the pending storm and monitor the SSC Site Status App, or call 228-688-3777 for additional information. Current NAVOCEANO guidance is to report to SSC as usual tomorrow, Tuesday, Sept. 4.
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
Re: Tropical storm Gordon
« Reply #1 on: 09/04/2018 04:04 pm »
Naval Oceanographic Office 1 min ·  Facebook

Stennis Space Center is currently under Condition III in preparation for the effects of Tropical Storm Gordon. The site will be closed to non-essential personnel after 2 p.m. today, and will open no earlier than 10 a.m. tomorrow, Sept. 5, pending damage assessment and conditions.

Liberal Leave will be authorized for those NAVOCEANO teammates that cannot report to work tomorrow.

SSC personnel should continue to monitor the SSC Site Status app or call 228-688-3777 for additional information and updates.
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
« Reply #2 on: 09/04/2018 04:06 pm »
AF Reserve Hurricane Hunters  19 mins · Facebook

The Air Force Reserve’s 403rd Wing, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss., relocated its aircraft, flown by both the Hurricane Hunters and the 815th Airlift Squadron, to Ellington Field, Texas, today as Tropical Storm Gordon makes its way toward the Gulf Coast.

“We are moving aircraft as a precautionary measure ahead of Tropical Storm Gordon, and so we can continue the mission,” said Col. Robert J. Stanton, 403rd Wing vice commander.

He added that the Keesler AFB and 403rd Wing leadership have authorized early release for non-essential personnel by no later than 2 p.m. today.

“Individual section release is at the unit, squadron, and group commander discretion so please coordinate departure times through leadership prior to departing the base. For reporting information for tomorrow, please monitor official base and wing websites and social media channels,” he said. Read more here.

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
« Reply #3 on: 09/05/2018 02:54 am »
https://mafspace.msfc.nasa.gov/maf-status

MAF Status as of Tuesday, September 4, 2018 - 12:00pm
Current Status: Facility Closed

The Michoud Assembly Facility is closed to all work activities. Only security and emergency operations crews will be allowed on the facility. All Michoud employees and tenants on the facility will be sent home. Those attempting to enter the facility will be turned away.
HURRCON: Condition II

Expectation of sustained winds 58 MPH within 24 hours. (Preparations for arrival of tropical storm/hurricane are complete.)
Status Details:
Effective at 12:00 PM Central Time September 4th 2018, the Michoud Assembly Facility is closed to all activity.

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
« Reply #4 on: 09/05/2018 03:12 am »
https://twitter.com/NASAStennis/status/1037049289573314561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5E618827039995494400%7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nasa.gov%2Fcenters%2Fstennis%2Fhome%2Findex.html

Stennis Space Center
‏Verified account @NASAStennis

SSC is currently under Condition III in preparation for the effects of Tropical Storm Gordon. Starting at 2:00 pm today, the Center will be closed to Non-Essential Personnel. Only personnel identified on the essential personnel list will be allowed on site. #NASASSC #NASAStennis
« Last Edit: 09/05/2018 03:12 am by Targeteer »

Tags: