Author Topic: LIVE: SpaceX CRS-9 Dragon - RNDZ, Berthing, ISS Ops - UPDATES  (Read 46756 times)

Online Chris Bergin

I've had a brain fart, but given this thread will cover it as much as we get coverage, what date is the IDA-2 removal ops set for?
Support NSF via L2 -- Help improve NSF -- Site Rules/Feedback/Updates
**Not a L2 member? Whitelist this forum in your adblocker to support the site and ensure full functionality.**

Offline miki

• Serbia
  • Liked: 24
  • Likes Given: 8
I believe removal is planned for August 16th, followed by EVA (Jeff and Kate) on August 18th.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4672
  • Likes Given: 768
I believe removal is planned for August 16th, followed by EVA (Jeff and Kate) on August 18th.
Beginning of August 16th GMT is EVR Ops start and August 17th is the EVR backup date incase of any SSRMS/SPDM issues. Some issues that have popped up over the last several EVR events have resulted in the EVR activities being moved to the left to allow for the additional EVR day. Previously it was stated that the PMA-2 power-up and systems checkout is to occur the day before the EVR and will be powered up again before the start of the EVA.

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1138
The end effector camera on the SSRMS appears to be doing a survey of PMA-2 to verify it's condition after years of leading the ISS through space without any use since the retirement of the Shuttle.
« Last Edit: 07/27/2016 04:15 pm by Targeteer »
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Offline Targeteer

• near hangar 18
  • Liked: 3364
  • Likes Given: 1138
The SSRMS is headed back to Dragon
Best quote heard during an inspection, "I was unaware that I was the only one who was aware."

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography