Author Topic: NSF at IAC Mexico for the SpaceX Mars Announcement.  (Read 85785 times)

Offline Helodriver

• Liked: 5660
  • Likes Given: 596
Re: NSF at IAC Mexico for the SpaceX Mars Announcement.
« Reply #280 on: 09/29/2016 04:23 pm »
New launch vehicles being marketed by Chinese company "Exspace".

Move grid fins from top of rocket to bottom and the "X" from end of name to front and voila, no one is the wiser! ;)

Offline Mongo62

• Liked: 735
  • Likes Given: 146
« Reply #281 on: 09/29/2016 04:40 pm »
I wonder if we are finally going to find out what the meaning of 236 is?
http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?topic=38409.msg1433207#msg1433207

May I assume minimal Payload capacity ?
It looks to be in the right order.
Yes, looks about right and would make Chris fall off his chair

Oh yeah, forgot about the 236 tease. No love for my pre-IAC Tanker tease? Seeing that right at the start of the video made me squeal like Flanders in the Simpsons ;D

PS It was a sofa I fell off! I don't fall off chairs, that would be silly. ;)

I am guessing that the material that Chris received was more detailed, but also rather outdated by now.

Offline Helodriver

« Reply #282 on: 09/29/2016 05:49 pm »
Remove Before Flight tags are popular swag at IAC 2016.
« Last Edit: 09/29/2016 05:54 pm by Helodriver »

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 1459
  • Likes Given: 4525
« Reply #283 on: 09/29/2016 07:11 pm »
Is there more info on the KZ-11, like thrust of the segments and such?

Offline Galactic Penguin SST

« Reply #284 on: 09/30/2016 03:04 am »
New launch vehicles being marketed by Chinese company "Exspace".

Move grid fins from top of rocket to bottom and the "X" from end of name to front and voila, no one is the wiser! ;)

That company is a subsidiary of CASIC, one of China's main missile development institution and has actually flew satellites to space twice already after failing to secure any government money for their satellite launcher.

I'll start a thread about them soon.
Chinese spaceflight is a cosmic riddle wrapped in a galactic mystery inside an orbital enigma... - (not) Winston Churchill

Offline Helodriver

« Reply #285 on: 09/30/2016 09:49 am »
Is there more info on the KZ-11, like thrust of the segments and such?

No one at the booth was either willing or able to give any technical details about the vehicle.
« Last Edit: 09/30/2016 10:21 am by Helodriver »

Offline Helodriver

« Reply #286 on: 09/30/2016 10:23 am »
Into  the expo center at 5AM for live transmission of Rosetta impact at IAC.

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 3250
  • Likes Given: 9145
« Reply #287 on: 09/30/2016 12:38 pm »
Remove Before Flight tags are popular swag at IAC 2016.
I do have the "Remove Before Flight" (of course) ;) I really like that "Remove Before Launch" tag! ;D
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator, Vintage auto racer

Offline Helodriver

« Reply #288 on: 09/30/2016 06:02 pm »
So today is the last day of the 2016 IAC and it has been an amazing experience. Not only to be here to see the Musk presentation but to be immersed in the international space community for a week of fantastic information gathering.

Over the next few days/weeks i'll be editing video and pix and audio getting them to Chris to serve as the basis for hopefully many articles on SpaceX and  many other topics.

Additionally I have spoken with everyone from future JPL mission principal investigators, to Commercial space VPs, to moon walkers, to startup innovative launch companies and will be contacting them after the event to hit them up for details on their plans for still more articles and posts here.

I also have some cool swag to trade if anyone is interested, including ultra rare AMOS-6 key chains that were produced to be given out at the Israel Aerospace Industries booth but held back from release due to recent obvious events. I got my hands on a few after the booth attendant apparently mistook me for someone else. ;)

Its been an fantastic experience and I want to publicly thank NSF readers and particularly those who donated to the site to defray the costs to make the trip possible. I tried to do our well recognized and highly regarded by many in the space community site proud.

So with that, as booths break down around me at the Guadalajara Expo Center and the IAC 2016 comes to an end,
¡Hasta luego! from Mexico.

Offline PahTo

• Seattle
  • Liked: 186
  • Likes Given: 618
« Reply #289 on: 09/30/2016 06:07 pm »

Gracias big time, Helo!  Safe travels back to the States and thanks for your great coverage (and for the future articles yet to be written)!  Vaya con Dios!

Offline Rocket Science

• NASA Educator Astronaut Candidate Applicant 2002
  • Liked: 3250
  • Likes Given: 9145
« Reply #290 on: 09/30/2016 06:51 pm »
You have made us proud and continued to elevate NSF in the space community, thank you. Safe journey home my friend! :)
"The laws of physics are unforgiving"
~Rob: Physics instructor, Aviator, Vintage auto racer

Offline baldusi

• Buenos Aires, Argentina
  • Liked: 1459
  • Likes Given: 4525
« Reply #291 on: 09/30/2016 08:04 pm »
I don't think that it was chance that you got the first question with Elon. Congratulations and keep the good work!

Offline Chris Bergin

« Reply #292 on: 09/30/2016 09:42 pm »
So today is the last day of the 2016 IAC and it has been an amazing experience. Not only to be here to see the Musk presentation but to be immersed in the international space community for a week of fantastic information gathering.

Over the next few days/weeks i'll be editing video and pix and audio getting them to Chris to serve as the basis for hopefully many articles on SpaceX and  many other topics.

Additionally I have spoken with everyone from future JPL mission principal investigators, to Commercial space VPs, to moon walkers, to startup innovative launch companies and will be contacting them after the event to hit them up for details on their plans for still more articles and posts here.

I also have some cool swag to trade if anyone is interested, including ultra rare AMOS-6 key chains that were produced to be given out at the Israel Aerospace Industries booth but held back from release due to recent obvious events. I got my hands on a few after the booth attendant apparently mistook me for someone else. ;)

Its been an fantastic experience and I want to publicly thank NSF readers and particularly those who donated to the site to defray the costs to make the trip possible. I tried to do our well recognized and highly regarded by many in the space community site proud.

So with that, as booths break down around me at the Guadalajara Expo Center and the IAC 2016 comes to an end,
¡Hasta luego! from Mexico.

Great work Derrick!

You feed us the content, we'll knock out the articles ;D

Offline Oersted

• Liked: 918
  • Likes Given: 479
« Reply #293 on: 09/30/2016 10:07 pm »
Thanks, Helo, for that first question to Elon. Not your fault that it all went downhill (or should we say "down the toilet"?) from there...

¡Buen regreso!

Offline Bob Shaw

• Liked: 463
  • Likes Given: 408
« Reply #294 on: 09/30/2016 10:24 pm »
Because sometimes a cubesat is just too big. ;)

Don't Panic!

Tags: