Author Topic: Costa Rican lab to test plasma space rocket  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Marcus

• Veteran
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Costa Rican lab to test plasma space rocket
« Reply #1 on: 07/21/2006 06:38 pm »
I was all excited about this. Move to CR, surf and work on advanced propulsion. Then I saw how far inland Liberia is. :(
OPS!
One Percent for SPACE!

Offline josh_simonson

• Veteran
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: 07/21/2006 09:43 pm »
How far inland can you get on costa rica?  As long as the beach is a couple hour drive for weekend trips it's all good.

Offline Marcus

• Veteran
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: 07/24/2006 03:19 pm »
Haha, you make a good point, but I wanna surf in the morning before work, like I do now, because that's when the wind and conditions are best.

Unfortunately, even if I were to reach the top level of my company (and doing so would mean a lot less surfing now ;) ) I still couldn't afford a place near the beach out here. I'm sick of getting up at 4AM to squeeze in a 2 hour session before dashing off to work. Ugh, insisting on working on rockets is so geographically-limiting. :( Still, better this than building better air-conditioners. I miss the cape...

Still, for a shot at working on VASIMR I might just hafta become a weekend beachgoer...
OPS!
One Percent for SPACE!

Offline nacnud

• Extreme Veteran
  • Liked: 662
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #4 on: 07/24/2006 05:02 pm »
Find a sport that is great where you live, I used to be an avid sailor/windsurfer, but I had to move inland. I now climb and bike instead and am looking forward to the day I can afford a paraglider.

Still if I ever move near the ocean again...

Tags: