Author Topic: Michael Bay filming at KSC (Again) - Transformers 3/Discovery Updates  (Read 135278 times)

Offline TheFallen

• Liked: 76
  • Likes Given: 159
http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20100513/NEWS01/5130328/1006/KSC+in+focus+for+film+crew

Bay is planning to film "Transformers 3" at the Space Coast sometime this September...around the time of the STS-133 launch.

Maybe Bay will glamorize NASA workers and the shuttles as much as he glamorized the U.S. military in the first two Transformers films.  Of course, if "Armageddon" is anything to go by, there'll be some inaccuracies in the portrayal. :)
« Last Edit: 05/13/2010 07:58 am by TheFallen »

Offline Cog_in_the_machine

• Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
I get the feeling he'll blow it up/crush it to pieces in a giant robot battle. I can see it now - two transformers bashing each other with SRBs like some techno-cavemen.
^^ Warning! Contains opinions. ^^ 

Offline rjholling

• Liked: 0
It would be cool if they destroy the VAB or something.  :P

Anyway, I saw the first one and me and my friends were literally laughing very hard in the theater at all the technical inaccuracies.

Offline TheFallen

Anyway, I saw the first one and me and my friends were literally laughing very hard in the theater at all the technical inaccuracies.

You mean the Beagle 'rover' ISN'T managed by JPL?...  Nor is it a rover? :D

If NASA wants to get rid of that new Mobile Launcher, just hand it over to Bay...there'll probably be a cool stunt sequence on the launch tower before it gets blown up by a Transformer or two.

Offline joncz

• Veteran
  • Atlanta, Georgia
  • Liked: 119
  • Likes Given: 181
You miss the obvious scene -- the crawler-transporters *are* transformers

Offline astrobrian

• NSF Photographer
  • Austin Texas
  • Liked: 21
  • Likes Given: 89
A little side note for those of a certain age, Astrotrian was a decepticon space shuttle,  so betting that may play a part in this

Offline TheFallen

You miss the obvious scene -- the crawler-transporters *are* transformers

I thought about that too.  The transporters would've been cool as Constructicons...if they were construction vehicles.  Of course, Bay hasn't really been faithful in terms of having the movie-verse robots have the same vehicle modes as in the cartoon, so you never know.

A little side note for those of a certain age, Astrotrian was a decepticon space shuttle,  so betting that may play a part in this

Or Sky Lynx if the shuttle was an Autobot
« Last Edit: 05/13/2010 07:50 pm by TheFallen »

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran
  • Liked: 3206
  • Likes Given: 1
Thanks to those who tipped me off about this story.  I've written up a short article for The Space Review that will appear on Monday.

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran

Read your article Blackstar and I love it  ;D

I especially like the final paragraph, even though that's not likely to happen :(

Offline TheFallen

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1625/1

Haha, nice article!  Your criticism about Michael Bay isn't something that I haven't already heard countless of times before, but it's still nicely written.

Expect Crawlerbot and/or Endeavourbot to have genitals or defecate on a human character during an epic battle sequence at KSC.

Offline TheFallen

I'm guessing that it would've probably been good PR for NASA to have a shot of Megan Fox standing on top of the VAB or at the foot of shuttle Discovery at Pad 39A in the movie...but I just read online today that Ms. Fox was fired from Transformers 3.  I'm actually pretty disappointed.

Online robertross

• Canadian Member
  • Westphal, Nova Scotia
  • Liked: 505
  • Likes Given: 5202
http://www.thespacereview.com/article/1625/1

haha... Very funny article. I've only half-scene the first movie and never cared much for it, so I guess you saved me some agony. Thanks :)
Remembering those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our rights & freedoms, and for those injured, visible or otherwise, in that fight.

Offline TheFallen

For those of you who want to be in or work on a summer blockbuster movie (though no contact information was given yet):

http://space-coast.com/FilmCommision/

Transformers 3

Transformers 3 will be filming on the Space Coast in late September. A production office will be set up in early Sept and an email addresswill be given so you can send in your resumes. They are seeking the folloiwng positions:

catering
craft service
medics
PAs
electricians
grips
set dressing

Casting for extras will also take place. We are waiting for the Casting Director to give us the info needed for you. Please keep watch on this website for all updates. (updated 8-23-10)

« Last Edit: 08/23/2010 08:59 pm by TheFallen »

Offline Lars_J

• California
  • Liked: 665
  • Likes Given: 195

Yeah because no-one would notice a spare shuttle suddenly appearing...  ;D

Offline orbitjunkie

• Maryland
  • Liked: 5
Can't believe I didn't hear about this before! It will be fun, and probably nothing else.

If NASA wants to get rid of that new Mobile Launcher, just hand it over to Bay...there'll probably be a cool stunt sequence on the launch tower before it gets blown up by a Transformer or two.

Hahaha, best use I've heard for it yet!

Offline spacedive

Maybe Bay will reveal the ingenious and closely guarded secret behind step 3 of the POR:

1. Approve constellation
2. Cancel constellation
3. ???
4. Launch Ares I

Ares-bot.. go! The Russians never saw it coming.
« Last Edit: 08/24/2010 02:34 pm by spacedive »

Offline Blackstar

• Veteran

Yeah because no-one would notice a spare shuttle suddenly appearing...

Well, it's Hollywood logic and I could see a relatively easy way to introduce a character like this.  You could have one of the existing shuttles suddenly revealed as a Decepticon.  Or one of the mockups at the nearby visitor center could turn out to be a Decepticon.  Is that any less believable than what happened in the last movie, when an SR-71 sitting in a museum was revealed to be a transforming robot?

Oh, I hate Michael Bay.  Have I mentioned that?

Offline Skylon

Yeah because no-one would notice a spare shuttle suddenly appearing...

Well, it's Hollywood logic and I could see a relatively easy way to introduce a character like this.  You could have one of the existing shuttles suddenly revealed as a Decepticon.  Or one of the mockups at the nearby visitor center could turn out to be a Decepticon.  Is that any less believable than what happened in the last movie, when an SR-71 sitting in a museum was revealed to be a transforming robot?

What, you haven't heard the stories about what sounds like faint crying when Atlantis was in its last OMDP? Or about that engineer who claimed he heard a voice yell "Stop taking pieces of me!" during an APU replacement?  ;)

Clearly the oribter was replaced during a trip to Palmdale.  ;D

As a fellow Bay hater, I recommend watching this - http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/797-Transformers-Revenge

The best rant on Michael Bay's Transformers franchise I've seen so far.

Tags: