Author Topic: LIVE: STS-124 Flight Day 5 - JEM-PM Activation/Ingress  (Read 48737 times)

Offline erioladastra

• Liked: 91
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LIVE: STS-124 Flight Day 5 - JEM-PM Activation/Ingress
« Reply #300 on: 06/05/2008 07:20 pm »
There is nothing further info about the Columbus 'event'? There is nothing about it in the newest ISS on-orbit status report, so my assumption would be that it was no big deal, it's just that I think they said Munich had lost control and command authority over the module and that sounds kinda unpleasant.

On the other hand all they asked was that the external SOLAR platform was shut down and nothing else. Perhaps I misheard and it wasn't the entire Columbus?

ground system was completely down for several hours.  MCC-H would observe and safe any system if needed.

Offline erioladastra

« Reply #301 on: 06/05/2008 07:21 pm »
Yep. They will move the other 7 racks tomorrow and then move the JLP from Harmony to the JEM on FD7

All racks have to be moved BEFORE JLP relocation due to freezing concerns.

Offline erioladastra

« Reply #302 on: 06/05/2008 07:23 pm »
I think they do leave the doors to the modules open, at least I've never seen them closed once they get opened up.  Is this correct?

Yes, hatches are always open unless emergency or configuring for "unmanned config" like we do for Soyuz relocation or will do likely for the upcomming EVA.

Offline catfry

• Liked: 0
« Reply #303 on: 06/05/2008 07:50 pm »
ground system was completely down for several hours.  MCC-H would observe and safe any system if needed.

That's shocking! I thought they had redundancy out the wazoo.. redundant communication lines, dual control centres, redundant power etc.
« Last Edit: 06/05/2008 07:50 pm by catfry »

Tags: