Author Topic: Russia says it will pullout from ISS after 2024  (Read 130696 times)

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4660
  • Likes Given: 768
Re: Russia says it will pullout from ISS after 2024
« Reply #400 on: 07/30/2022 03:56 am »
In other words they want monies, it's probably been tough on them since the Soyuz seat bucks stopped coming. Last they got the 2 Japanese tourists, but now they're getting desperate. That kind of explains why recently they've been trying to milk the ISS in every possible way, like the propaganda with separatist flags.
Not really the view of the industry. They are already building and flying the replacement hardware which is already mostly funded with the presidents signature.
They still get soyuz seat money on a contracted flight by flight basis. The new rate was established during the discussions for the recent round of crew swaps. Only after 2024 will Roscosmos have pretty much completed all steps of the programs barter agreements to date.
They've been building the Soyuz replacement since forever now  ;D It's very optimistic to think that Orel and the ROSS will come true in 2 years. How long did it take to develop and launch Nauka?
And I don't think that NASA and Roscosmos are exchanging any funds for this seat barter. Don't know where you got this from.
That was not my statement. The first pieces of replacement hardware for RS arrived last December and the replacement hardware continues to launch.

Also i almost forgot. You are an extremely new green horn around here so I recommend that you sit back and learn how this forum works and functions around here first.
You could be more vague, but it would be hard.  It's the "there are reasons" argument, always made without actually citing the reasons.  Please be specific.

You want the details of which I leave links to in their designated threads then you will have to subsribe to RSW and no its not the sole source of such details just an identically verifiable method which people can get easy paid access to:

http://russianspaceweb.com/insider-content.html

Offline Zabergan

• Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #401 on: 07/30/2022 09:10 am »
In other words they want monies, it's probably been tough on them since the Soyuz seat bucks stopped coming. Last they got the 2 Japanese tourists, but now they're getting desperate. That kind of explains why recently they've been trying to milk the ISS in every possible way, like the propaganda with separatist flags.
Not really the view of the industry. They are already building and flying the replacement hardware which is already mostly funded with the presidents signature.
They still get soyuz seat money on a contracted flight by flight basis. The new rate was established during the discussions for the recent round of crew swaps. Only after 2024 will Roscosmos have pretty much completed all steps of the programs barter agreements to date.
They've been building the Soyuz replacement since forever now  ;D It's very optimistic to think that Orel and the ROSS will come true in 2 years. How long did it take to develop and launch Nauka?
And I don't think that NASA and Roscosmos are exchanging any funds for this seat barter. Don't know where you got this from.
That was not my statement. The first pieces of replacement hardware for RS arrived last December and the replacement hardware continues to launch.

Also i almost forgot. You are an extremely new green horn around here so I recommend that you sit back and learn how this forum works and functions around here first.
What was your statement then? Disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing? Can you be more specific?

And I may be new here, but I'm not new to the topic. I also can read and understand Russian, so you can spare me the mystique that you're probably trying to build up for Russia.

I admit that the whole ISS drama created by Russia is fun to follow tho

Cheers

Offline Rik ISS-fan

• the Netherlands
  • Liked: 612
  • Likes Given: 211
« Reply #402 on: 07/31/2022 11:29 am »
The first module of ROSS; NEM was initially intended as addition to the ISS. Russian industry has been working on it for several years.
The MRM/ Nauka, is repurposed FGB-2, the backup hardware for FGB/ Zarya. This hardware was aged, and numerous problems were discovered and partially overcome during the modification proces. The problems with Nauka are very unlikely to happen with NEM.

So the rule is an ISS partner gives notice at least a year in advance. So if Russia stops their ISS participation by mid. 2024, they have to give notice before mid. 2023. So the official announcement is at least a year from being published.

Indeed the ISS modules are aging, and they have a limited operating time. But how long is TBD. FGB, SM, Node 1, US lab and the US airlock are the oldest modules pressurized modules. The cracks in the aft section of SM/zvezda are a clear sign of aging. I think the oldest sections of the US-section of the ISS show less aging.

Offline Zabergan

• Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #403 on: 08/01/2022 03:04 pm »
The new "view of the industry", it seems to change quite often:

https://spacenews.com/roscosmos-head-revises-comments-about-quitting-iss-after-2024/

Offline FutureSpaceTourist

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
  • Liked: 81286
  • Likes Given: 36776
« Reply #404 on: 08/04/2022 05:05 pm »
From SpaceX Crew-5 mission press conference:

https://twitter.com/sciguyspace/status/1555238152964562945

Sergei Krikalev, of Roscosmos, makes it clear that Russia is looking at extending participation in the International Space Station program beyond 2024 as long as the technical condition of the laboratory is sound.

Edit to add:

https://twitter.com/spcplcyonline/status/1555238426236096513

Krikalev: ISS designed for 15 yrs. All of us agreed to operate to 2024. Must evaluate technical situation. Russia doing that. For now working on extending, but don't know how long past 2024. Will coordinate w/partners if need to transition due to technical issues.
« Last Edit: 08/04/2022 05:09 pm by FutureSpaceTourist »

Offline su27k

• Liked: 9098
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #405 on: 08/05/2022 04:22 am »
NASA game planned contingencies for space station as Russian alliance continued

Quote from: reuters.com
NASA and the White House have since late last year quietly drawn up contingency plans for the International Space Station in light of tensions with Moscow that began building before Russia's invasion of Ukraine, according to nine people with knowledge of the plans.

<snip>

The plans drafted by U.S. officials laid out ways to pull all astronauts off the station if Russia were to abruptly leave, keep it running without crucial hardware provided by the Russian space agency, and potentially dispose of the orbital laboratory years earlier than planned, according to three of the sources, all of whom asked not to be identified.

<snip>

Multiple space companies have been pulled into the planning, with Boeing, one of the station's key private contractors, assigning a team of engineers to examine ways to control the space station without Russia's thrusters, one of the sources said.

Online sdsds

• “With peace and hope for all mankind.”
  • Seattle
  • Liked: 2039
  • Likes Given: 1962
« Reply #406 on: 08/05/2022 11:55 pm »
Krikalev: ISS designed for 15 yrs. All of us agreed to operate to 2024. Must evaluate technical situation. Russia doing that. For now working on extending, but don't know how long past 2024. Will coordinate w/partners if need to transition due to technical issues.

Berger identifies Krikalev as speaking for Roscosmos. Is he not still with Energia?

And yes, given his history on Mir, he gets total respect when speaking about end-of-life for space stations! ;-)
« Last Edit: 08/05/2022 11:56 pm by sdsds »
— 𝐬𝐝𝐒𝐝𝐬 —

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
« Reply #407 on: 09/18/2022 04:35 pm »
From IAC today:

https://twitter.com/jeff_foust/status/1571499894447161344

Nelson: every reason to believe our Russian partners on the ISS are going to participate in its deprbiting in 2030. #IAC2022

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
« Reply #408 on: 10/27/2022 07:10 am »
https://twitter.com/katlinegrey/status/1585516274016305152

Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin signed an order which allows #Roscosmos to begin the works on sending cosmonauts and cargo to the ISS in 2023-2027. Which means, Russia decided to stay on the ISS despite all the previous statements and “warnings on its bad technical condition”.

Russia knows that, for at least several more years, without ISS they’ll have no more cosmonaut flights.

Online catdlr

• Enthusiast since the Redstones
  • Marina del Rey, California, USA
  • Liked: 8572
  • Likes Given: 7672
« Reply #409 on: 10/27/2022 09:10 am »
So can the title of this thread change to 2027?
Tony De La Rosa, ...I'm no Feline Dealer!! I move mountains.  but I'm better known for "I think it's highly sexual." Japanese to English Translation.

Offline PeterAlt

• West Palm Beach, FL
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #410 on: 12/02/2022 03:04 pm »
If Russia sticks with ISS until at least 2027, what is the likelihood of them reverting back to their original plan of launching and attaching NEM-1 to the ISS (assuming they actually finish it in a reasonable timeframe for it to have some use before ISS de-orbit, and this ridiculous war is over and forgotten about by then - yes, that's a lot to assume)?

Don't forget that they would still need a new core module and other components (if they intend on using it on a future independent Russian station).  All that requires money and time. If the politics warm up by that time, sending it to ISS would make much more sense.

What I'm saying is that they will have an expensive module with no station to send it to.

Offline Robotbeat

• Minnesota
  • Liked: 25222
  • Likes Given: 12114
« Reply #411 on: 12/02/2022 03:10 pm »
Couldn’t they use it as a smaller independent station ala Salyut?
Chris  Whoever loves correction loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

To the maximum extent practicable, the Federal Government shall plan missions to accommodate the space transportation services capabilities of United States commercial providers. US law http://goo.gl/YZYNt0

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
« Reply #412 on: 02/03/2023 01:08 pm »
twitter.com/katlinegrey/status/1621508056680132608

1/2 According to Izvestia, a meeting of the Council of Chief designers will happen on Feb 6 to assess the technical condition of the Russian segment of ISS and either agree on the extension of its operation until 2028, or recommend Russia's withdrawal from this project in 2025.⤵️

https://twitter.com/katlinegrey/status/1621509430977372161

2/2 This information was published by the Izvestia media with reference to an anonymous source in the space industry. He believes, the decision of the Council will depend only of the technical condition of the station, not on the political circumstances.

Offline centaurinasa

• CETI Alpha V
  • Liked: 8319
  • Likes Given: 5065
« Reply #413 on: 02/06/2023 03:49 pm »
As expected, the Council of Chief Designers recommended to extend the life of the Russian segment of the ISS until 2028. The next stage is the Scientific and Technical Council of Roscosmos, after which the proposal must be approved by the government.

https://twitter.com/katlinegrey/status/1622624462179893248?cxt=HHwWgIC8gb6W3IQtAAAA
To boldly go where no human has gone before !

Offline eeergo

Shocker (of course they won't, even if the delirious Mighty Leader keeps on dragging down the country while at the helm):
Roscosmos' Techno-Scientific Council confirms the decision to keep operating [the RS of] ISS until 2028, which will be relayed to the government". (from Roscosmos Telegram)

https://twitter.com/Eurekablog/status/1628050697345277954
-DaviD-

• Global Moderator
  • UK
    • Plan 28
« Reply #415 on: 04/26/2023 11:50 am »
https://twitter.com/katlinegrey/status/1651186445153959937

Russian Government has approved the extension of Russia's participation in the International Space Station program until 2028. Yesterday the head of Roscosmos Yuri Borisov sent letters to the ISS partners to inform them about it.

Offline zubenelgenubi

• Global Moderator
  • Arc to Arcturus, then Spike to Spica
  • Sometimes it feels like Trantor in the time of Hari Seldon
  • Liked: 7344
  • Likes Given: 71418
« Reply #416 on: 04/27/2023 06:15 pm »
Moderator:
We will start a new thread for further updates and discussion regarding Russian participation in the ISS program through 2028.

Russian participation in ISS program through 2028
« Last Edit: 04/27/2023 06:25 pm by zubenelgenubi »
Support your local planetarium! (COVID-panic and forward: Now more than ever.) My current avatar is saying "i wants to go uppies!" Yes, there are God-given rights. Do you wish to gainsay the Declaration of Independence?

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography