Author Topic: ISS Audio Archive Update  (Read 14770 times)

Offline rdale

• Assistant to the Chief Meteorologist
  • Lansing MI
  • Liked: 1414
  • Likes Given: 171
Re: ISS Audio Archive Update
« Reply #20 on: 05/05/2022 08:39 pm »
Is anyone else noticing that English comms seem to be about gone? I hear the Americans on the DPC, but the only thing I'm hearing live and on the archive consists of Russian. Is it just me?

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4660
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #21 on: 05/05/2022 09:54 pm »
Is anyone else noticing that English comms seem to be about gone? I hear the Americans on the DPC, but the only thing I'm hearing live and on the archive consists of Russian. Is it just me?
Not just you.

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #22 on: 05/06/2022 12:13 am »
Thanks for confirming - message to NASA on the way!

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #23 on: 01/11/2023 12:48 am »
Due to some issues on the server (that's what I get for free :) ) I had to move the archives to http://issaudio.42web.io/iss/?C=M;O=D

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #24 on: 02/09/2023 07:45 pm »
Both links are working right now, but EVAs always mess up the NASA side :) The audio is there but it's VERY low. I've emailed NASA twice and no reply yet. In the meantime I cranked things up as loud as I can so getting some audio but...

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #25 on: 02/11/2023 09:27 pm »
Thanks for the compliment! It seems that during EVAs they make some changes with the audio setup.

In this case, when the “regular” feed came, the volume was WAY too low. You can tell that by going direct to the UStream link and you’ll notice you have to crank your volume WAY up to hear.

So I turned up the volume as much as I could, and that’s still as good as it gets. They need to get the audio level back to normal…

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #26 on: 02/12/2023 07:02 pm »
That’s pretty much it! But I don’t save the old. Thankfully UStream saves them, so you can hit their site and get the archived (video/audio) there.

https://video.ibm.com/channel/live-iss-stream

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #27 on: 02/13/2023 04:21 pm »
Oh I'm sure they are missing - I can't turn VLC up any louder, and if I drop the trimming detection any lower it gets too much dead space. It'll have to wait for NASA to fix the feed.

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #28 on: 04/21/2023 02:47 pm »
I put a filter on the audio cable and that improved the sound quality dramatically.

Offline russianhalo117

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4660
  • Likes Given: 768
« Reply #29 on: 07/27/2023 08:09 pm »
rdale I'm not sure if this new service will affect your audio archive as they appear to be killing off all of the current legacy streams by ustream, etal.

Cross posting the NASA App's forthcoming NASA+ On-Demand Streaming Service which is replacing the current legacy NASA TV broadcast links and more by switching to an  entirely Internet Protocol based app/web streaming system.

Jul 27, 2023
Introducing NASA's new streaming service, NASA+, launching soon. More space. More rockets. More science. More missions. More NASA. All in one place. No subscription needed.

NASA+ is ad free, no cost, and family friendly. It will feature NASA's Emmy award-winning live coverage, and new original video series.

NASA+ will be available on most major platforms via the NASA App on iOS and Android mobile and tablet devices; streaming media players such as, Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV; and on the web across desktop and mobile devices. 

Download the NASA app now to be one of the first to get NASA+ when it drops. https://www.nasa.gov/nasaapp

Producer: Phil Sexton
Editors: Phil Sexton & Sonnet Apple
Credit: NASA

Offline rdale

• Lansing MI
« Reply #30 on: 11/21/2023 01:16 pm »
The NASA ISS feed now includes SG1 and SG2, which means that (good news!) we get the Daily Planning Conferences, with SG1 on the left channel and SG2 on the right.

Bad news is that we get a LOT of Russian comms without English translation, which makes the archives close to useless overall.

I purchased an audio splitter to only archive the right channel, so you should hear that starting today.

If anyone wants to run a RPI setup to archive the left, I'd be happy to walk you through the setup! I use two RPIs but it probably could be done with one.

Tags:

Advertisement NovaTech
Advertisement Northrop Grumman
Advertisement
Advertisement Margaritaville Beach Resort South Padre Island
Advertisement Brady Kenniston
Advertisement NextSpaceflight
Advertisement Nathan Barker Photography